Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Have an Amazing Birthday


Happy Wednesday...this week seems to be flying by!  I snuck in a little crafty time last night to play along with two challenges:  CASE this Sketch and Verve's Diva Dare. When I saw Tracey's card for the CASE this Sketch challenge, I immediately thought of my Verve poppies and wanted to play along with both challenges.  This Verve set is definitely one of my favorites for this year. The Diva Dare is to show a previously created favorite card or to make a new one using one of your favorite sets. I'm in need of birthday cards so this was great to play along and save it in my stash.  I'm thinking this will likely go to my Nana in February as she loves poppies.

Speaking of Nana...we went over my mum's house on Sunday night to help her decorate her Christmas tree. This is an annual tradition for us all. The kids all had a ball. Elizabeth is skiing in Colorado, but no worries, Madeleine brought her along on a stick!  We had fun putting her on the tree...posing her in pictures, etc. She definitely had as much fun as we did :).

The bottom right hand photo above is our annual cousin photo...Collin boycotted the photo. He has hit "that age" where he doesn't like his picture taken.

I did snap Collin in the bottom right...during the boycott!  My sister-in-law Cindy is in the bottom left. It's her job to decorate the teacup tree!  I didn't get really any pictures of the adults...need to work on that...  Hope all of you are getting your decorations ready and all the presents are being finished up.  


19 comments:

sandie said...

I see the linen plate has been dusted off-it looks fab in the black, will have to try that. And the tree looks fabulous x

Michelle said...

I came by to let you know how much I love your card, Lynn, but I have been completely distracted by that gigantic tree! How does it fit inside a house? Amazing!!! And a "teacup tree" - what does that mean? Is it just a little tree, or are there actually teacups involved? You have me very curious. :-)

Ardyth said...

Love the drama of the black strip with the bright flowers! Looks like fun at your house - love that we're not the only one with people who don't want to be in photos.... ;-)

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card, Lynn! Lots of love and fun at your house. Thanks for sharing.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Lynn! I love those stamps and your take on the sketch! Lovely!

Sara Mac said...

Just had to make time to pop in and say HI! I miss seeing all your cards and reading your stories. I love that your family decorates your mums tree(s) as a tradition. My mom does that too each year with all of the grandchildren. Miss you!

~amy~ said...

Lovin' those poppy blooms!

What a great idea to help your mom decorate! Fun pictures!

Maureen said...

I love your tradition of decorating at mum's. I love the 2D cousin! LOL So glad you got the Diva Dare in! I love those poppies too :) Hopefully our tree is going up today so we'll finish decorating tonight. It's all coming together :)

Marisa said...

You have done a fabulous job with those poppies - gorgeous card :) What great fun decorating your mom's tree too! Wonderful times and memories :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and what a wonderful tradition Lynn! Maybe one we need to start in our family. Love all the photos!

Chunyuan said...

beautiful card. love the bright flowers and the contrast of the black background. Your family pics are always so fun to look!

Virginia L. said...

Love your sweet card, Lynn! The use of colors and black card stock are superb! What an awesome tradition to help your Mom decorate the tree! Thanks for the photos! Every one is all so nice (no naughty ones!!).

wienerhoneymooners said...

So cute, love the colors they really stood out to me! Love the pics too!!!

Just wonderful!

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful card, Lynn...love the flowers and the pretty colors you chose to showcase them !! Absolute lovely!! LOVE your pics, as always, too...looked like a fun time, especially Elizabeth on a stick:):)!! Hugs!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the way that big, bold, black stripe really sets off your soft palette, Lynn! And your pics are too fun! What a great tradition!

Joyce said...

Fabulous card, and what a fun tradition with your niece on a stick!

Teresa Kline said...

these are wonderful family photos...I adore your card too, luv the poppies set! So glad you played along with this month's Verve Playing Favorites Diva Dare!

Merry Christmas

enjoy *~*

Betty said...

Oh what a beautiful card. Looks really pretty. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Kara said...

pretty!!