Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thanks a Million {more Thanksgiving pics}


In yesterday's post, I mentioned I needed to quickly create two thank you cards. This is the second one that I made last week. It is based on the current sketch over at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I'm back to my go to PaperSmooches Reflections set (and I'll have more cards using it later this week).  Not completely in love with this card, but it is already written and out the door!

Below are more pictures from Thanksgiving weekend.  On Friday, we were at Pat's parents house for dinner and relaxing.  Pat's dad asked Ryan to bring his guitar to play a song to the family.  It was absolutely fabulous. Ryan sang a few songs as did Pat. Then Jonathon surprised us by wanting to sing in front of everyone too. He was awesome. Jonathon is in show choir too, but doesn't sing very often in front of us so it was great to hear him by himself.  Pat's mom had a go too!  The girls had perfected their dance routine from Thursday and were ready to perform too!  Love the smiles of everyone watching the performances.  This type of time together truly makes my heart happy.




16 comments:

Hannelie said...

I Love your take on the sketch Lynn! A real beauty.
I agree. Family time=the best time!

sandie said...

wow you do love that set and the frame here really does showcase it! More wonderful photos x

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your take in the sketch, Lynn! Very pretty.
More wonderful photos. TFS!!! xx

~amy~ said...

perfect card...love how you were inspired by the sketch!
awesome pictures!

Tracey McNeely said...

A beautiful card and perfect for CAS(E). Love today's layouts keep them coming because you are motivating me to get going. It looks like your family had the absolute best day!

Barb said...

You have such a beautiful, loving and fun family! Thanks for sharing all the awesome pics, Lynn! And love your card too! ♥

Cindy C. said...

A very pretty card Lynn!!

Bobby said...

It looks like your family is very talented, Lynn. So much fun to be had when they share them. Like you sharing this card. I don't know why you don't like it but I sure do.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Lynn! Wonderful take on the sketch!
And your photos/PL spreads are great, too!

Kara said...

beautiful Lynn!!

Anita in France said...

So fresh and lovely Lynn ... what a wonderful family you have ... no surprise you cherish them so! Anita :)

Maureen said...

such a beautiful card to go with those fabulous family photos! I'm so glad the girls (and boys) are still performing. These are the photos they'll show when they are rich and famous!

Joyce said...

Love your take on the sketch, and your Thanksgiving looks like it was so much fun.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I pulled out pieces for this sketch and went on a tag mission instead.... thanks for the reminder.

Deepti said...

Your floral card designs are divine :) I so enjoy them :D

Michelle said...

Lynn, I have been missing so many awesome posts from you! My life has gone crazy and my internet time has been severely curtailed! I love the story of your Thanksgiving with all the family performances! That is so lovely. I have a family like this, with many musical talents, but we rarely sing/play together anymore. I need to rectify this and put together a family music hall. ;-)