Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Deepest Sympathy


Hey there, blogging on Monday night for Tuesday morning.  It's a rare week night without baseball now that we're in full baseball season.  Ryan had show choir tryouts and Pat took the little guys to the Reds game (thanks to awesome free tickets from my company).  I am fighting a sore throat (telling myself I'm not getting sick)...and so I'm taking it easy and of course, that means sneaking into my craft room!.

I made this card tonight and have to say I love it.  Thankfully it is going in the stash instead of having to be sent immediately.  It has a few more elements than I normally put on the card.  My favorite is more of the gorgeous May Arts ribbon from Erin.  I'm entering this for this week's CASE this Sketch.

On Sunday, I also made another card for CASE this Sketch. I love this sentiment for graduation cards. I added a sticker from Simple Stories and an enamel element to finish off the wood butterfly.  A card ready to go for one of many grads we'll be celebrating this year!



Stamps:  Verve

Patterned Paper and Stickers:  Simple Stories

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

I've been battling a sore throat too...horrified I might be getting sick since I've managed to NOT get sick so far...I keep telling myself it is allergies.

Your cards are so pretty...love how you were inspired by the sketch. I love non-traditional sympathy cards...yours is beautiful. The graduation card is perfect. That's what my weekend is going to be filled with, making graduation cards for my girl.

Ardyth said...

Lynn, these are lovely - the soft colours on the first and the perfect simplicity of the second! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Karen M said...

Both cards are stunning. Love the pretty colours & the clean simplicity of both even though there are lots of details. Perfect!

Barb said...

You have such a beautiful style! I love both cards - so pretty! I sure hope you're NOT getting sick - feel better, Lynn!

Maureen said...

oh, I love both! I see you're developing a little addiction to the polaroid frame! LOL Me too! I just love the look of them and how versatile they are! Love all the sweet elements on both. ox

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I hope you're not getting sick, my dear. I've been struggling with a sore throat for several days. I think we just need a little extra sleep ;).

Your cards are perfect, Miss Lynn! LOVE the girly playfulness of the first and that yummy veneer element on the second.

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards Lynn, I love the pretty paper on the first one! Hope you feel better soon ;)

Sue Lelli said...

BOTH are FAB but I love the one with the extra layers and bright colors!! Super butterflies everywhere! Feel better, Lynn!

Marisa said...

Sorry to hear you are not 100%. Go away sore throat - said in my best mommy voice :) Great work on both cards. Loving the Verve one :)

Kara said...

Beautiful cards Lynn! Feel better!!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous takes on the sketch! I love that floral Polaroid--so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful cards Lynn!

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Lynn! Hope you are feeling better! We are still having weather related cancelled games! Ugh....just give us sunshine and no rain! (It's raining now and is forecasted for more Thurs). Ok.....that first card is just the most gorgeous soft palette I've seen! Love how you framed the pattern paper with the Polaroid. Then you have the second card......I will have to CASE you and use that sentiment for this type of card!! Brilliant!! Such a perfect simple grad card and I love the addition of the butterfly!

Aimes said...

Oh I hope that sore throat didn't amount to anything nasty...!
I really like to inject a bit of colour into a sympathy card, so pretty and soothing. I also have a weak spot for those frames! :)
Hugs!
x

Jenny said...

Many congrats on your win at CTS with this gorgeous card (I'm playing catch up again).
Jenny x