Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Patio...

More party preparation pictures from this past weekend. 

First, let me say...I am one lucky lady!  My husband is extremely talented....he just remodeled our patio.

Prior to a couple of months ago, we had a stamped concrete patio with a hot tub on it.  We sold the hot tub because Pat no longer needed it for his back pain.  When we sold the hot tub, Pat started to cover a portion of the patio.  Just like I love to craft, he loves to draw sketches of rooms, landscaping, etc.  After several drawings...he got started on the patio, covered it and added the stone wall and pillars. 

I am in love with our patio! (and he believe it or not...he behaved himself when doing these...being very careful about what he lifted.)

  First up...a view from the backyard.  Inside there is a ceiling fan and a beadboard ceiling.
Here are a few views under the covered portion of our patio.

Looking into the back yard.
From our back door...a tv to catch some sports games!
From the side yard...Ryan relaxing...watching the game and texting... 
And our fire pit...currently filled with flowers!
Of course...need some cool beverages too!!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm in love with your patio. How fortunate you are to have a hubby that can do such beautiful work. My husband plays golf. But he did have a craft house built for me last summer.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful patio and I know you and your family will enjoy it a lot.

take care,

Debbie

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Your husbnd did a wonderful job on your patio, I am so jealous! My husband has back problems as well but he was able to put in a tile floor on our balcony and I love it but I am still waiting for a patio.

Ida said...

Wow! What a lovely patio. So glad your hubby was able to fix it up so beautifully. Enjoy!

Diane Jaquay said...

It's BEAUTIFUL Lynn! I dream of having a lovely patio, perhaps someday. You're lucky to have a "handy" hubby, mine isn't at all :( If you need anything done with computers or electronics though, he's the MAN lol!

Karinn said...

Aha! I think commenter Diane Jaquay married the twin of my husband! LOL! I too am longing for a beautiful patio. Yours is just wonderful. Hug your hubby for all of us!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, that is gorgeous handiwork your husband did! I really love the beautiful stones and the way everything is laid out.

Maureen said...

wow!!! fabulous patio!!!! LOVE the furniture, the view and what? a t.v.? very cool :)