Wednesday, October 7, 2015

With Sympathy {and around our house}


Popping in today with a super CAS card. Friends of ours from our community lost their son last week due to muscular dystrophy. Their son, Ryan, will forever have a special place in our heart.  Despite his illness, he always had a smile and a zest for life.  Ryan's younger brother, Jack, played baseball for many years with our Ryan.  Pat loved to chat with Ryan about movie lines and they would go back and forth to see who could get the other one with a movie line they where they couldn't remember the movie title. This card has been put in the mail with lots of love and beautiful memories in our hearts.

On a much lighter note....Around our house, the boys are in the swing of school after being back in since mid August. Collin made show choir, Jonathon will be playing bass guitar for the middle school group and Ryan will be competing for his last time.  Marcel also is getting into the musical swing of things by participating in a mallet madness group for 4th graders.  So...lots of music happening at our house.  Collin was so cute when he tried out for show choir. He's pretty shy so he wouldn't tell any of us what he was singing for the try out. He texted me after he was done, "It was hard to get up there, but I just let it out."  So proud of him that he had the courage to try out and I really can't wait to see him perform. 

Pat has been busy too...he closes on the house that he flipped this week and is now finishing a basement for our friend. In his spare time (that is a joke!), he has been painting, replacing toilets and updating our basement.  I'm certainly thankful to have a very handy hubby! I hope you are all well. I'd love to here what's going on around your house.

Entering this card over at the Just Us Girls Challenge.

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful card. I'm sad you had to make it. Your boys and their music make me smile. I wish our school had a show choir. Choir at our school is often religious music and my eldest is picky about what she sings, so she sticks with her violin. My youngest will sing anything (much like her Mum), even her regular sentences are sung, so I anticipate many years of choir once she starts next year. And I agree, a handy hubby is an awesome blessing! My hubby can do almost anything and I love it! :-)

~amy~ said...

Super pretty card Lynn...so sad about why you had to make it...
You guys are always so busy...love reading about what's going on. Such a musical family...darin laughs because I can't even whistle.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful Lynn...sorry for the need. So sad.
Sounds very busy in your house. :)

I Card Everyone said...

So sorry your neighbors lost their son ... I can't imagine their sadness. Your card is gorgeous, Lynn. Nice to hear about the family - sing on!! Go Pat!
=] M

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous simplicity for your card - sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I can't imagine loosing a child~ Thanks for joining in at JUGS

sandie said...

Sorry to hear about your neighbour's son. This card is so perfectly CAS and gorgeous colours. Sounds like you are all super busy and love to you all xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

So sorry to hear of your friends's loss. I love your beautiful CAS card...very striking. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Marisa said...

So sad to lose those special kids ((hugs)) to you and them! Love the card.

Pat want to take a trip to Vancouver - we would love to finish our basement ;) Canadian Thanksgiving his w/e and it will be a quiet one which I am so looking forward to. Crazy busy here since Sept so will be nice to have a long weekend and lots of family time!

Deepti said...

That's such a terrible news, hope your card brings some peace to your neighbors !

Joyce said...

What a sad story--your sympathy card is lovely and I hope it will bring comfort to your friends. Your boys sound crazy busy--I'd like to be listening in at your house with all the music going on. Here is sports, sports, sports....

Happy Dance said...

I'm sure Ryan's family will much appreciate this card. Never easy to go through a loss; especially the loss of a child. Prayers to the family. It's a beautiful card. Glad to hear things are in full fall swing at your house. We've got estimates coming for cladding of soffits and fascia on the family room addition, and I finally finished painting my credenza. Just have to clear out the spot in my craft room, get a couple of very strong young men to move it in, and I can do a little reorganizing. Life is good. Oh! And my nephew and wife welcome twins in the morning. Going to Milwaukee to help my sister watch 'big' sister Emma and take her out for chips and salsa! Hope to have photos soon.. Bev

Julie Gearinger said...

So sorry to hear about Ryan's passing and it sounds like this young man will live on in the hearts of many...I love your sympathy card and am sure that his family will be very appreciative as well! Hugs and thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your neighbor's loss. I will send up some extra prayers for all of them, and your family too. The card you made for them is peaceful and lovely. Best of luck to all of your boys this year!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a beauty for such a sad situation! I love the variation of color on the leaves. This CAS design is so perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Tracey McNeely said...

The leaves are beautiful and sounds like music is filling your home this winter!

Bobby said...

It's sad when young people lose their life to a disease like that. I'm sure the family appreciated your thoughtfulness, Lynn. I love seeing young people perform so am delighted to know that Collin is following in his brother's footsteps. What a talented family you have.