Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Thanks


On la la...don't you love when you're going through your extras from previous projects and it jump starts a card for you?  I was cleaning up my desk this weekend and looking through my extra die cuts. These leaves popped out at me to play along with this week's CAS(E) this Sketch.  Added a touch of twine and a few pearls to finish off the card along with the stamped squares and sentiment (ignore that the sentiment is crooked...grrr!)  Not quite ready for fall to be here...but I do love fall colors.

Speaking of fall, the boys head back to school one week from tomorrow. Sunday was spent shopping on line for school supplies...so much easier than hitting Target and Office Depot (thank goodness for free shipping) and was followed up by scheduling out the week of freshmen orientation, class pick up for the younger two, show choir starting for Ryan, etc.  Busy!  Very thankful that our school district now does all forms on-line. When you have four kids, filling out all the forms can be quite a chore!

Hard to believe another summer is almost over?  When do your kiddos head back?



16 comments:

Kara said...

I love these gorgeous sherbert colors!!

~amy~ said...

Love this fall inspired card...my fav season!

I Card Everyone said...

I do love when that happens, Lynn ... hey! aren't there a few frogs jumping around there, too? No pressure! Gorgeous play on the CTS sketch... thanks for sharing!
=] Michele

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn. I'll have to go through my stash of extra die cuts and see what jumps out at me, after seeing your little lovely. I'll admit, I don't miss the "excitement" of getting the kids ready for the school year. One granddaughter started kindergarten yesterday and one grandson starts next week. Hard to believe how fast those babies have grown! Anyway, this is one beautiful card! Have a great week. Bev

sandie said...

Stunning colours and fab to use stash. Goodness I don't k ow how you cope with the boys and a full time job. I find it hard to cope with me and Callum, I get stressed with just the 2 of us!

Kristie Goulet said...

Oooh! LOVE this!! Such beautiful colors.
We homeschool so we won't start until Sept. We take our "summer" vacation in Sept. when everyone else has gone back to school. It is not as hot and less busy everywhere. :)

Betty said...

wonderful card, Lynn - love the autumn colors!

Kay Miller said...

Oh just beautiful Lynn! I am ready for fall! I love the soft colors you used! Good luck with all of your school preparations. We homeschool year round, but take a break in the fall for our vacation. Looking forward to it!

Marisa said...

Such a darling card. Loooooove fall colours and using leaves on my cards. School starting already - oh my! We don't start until after Labour Day. Busy month indeed getting back into routine and activities.

Lisa Elton said...

YAY for those little spare die cuts, this is darling Lynn! We're in NE Ohio, the kids start back on the 26th here. I'll have my baby granddaughter full time again soon when her mommy heads back to her 1st grade class!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love your take on the sketch!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a pretty collection of leaves and gorgeous color, Lynn! Love that tangle of twine, too! Yum!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Lynn! Those leaves are so pretty!

Anita in France said...

Soft and so lovely, Lynn ... just beautiful! Anita :)

TaeEun said...

Beautiful card! The colors are so yummy!!

Bobby said...

I agree on all counts, Lynn. Leftovers a boon. Fall my favorite time, especially the colors. That makes your card a winner all around.