Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanks for a Great Season!

I have a quick card to share today for this week's Stampin' 411 challenge.  I had fun doing a little paper piecing with several of the SU In Colors.  I haven't pulled many of these colors out yet, but can already tell that Pear Pizzazz will be a favorite!  I also used some scraps on this card. I had die cut the white piece of paper and decided to use it as my frame around my stamped image.  I try to use up my scraps, but my card club girls can attest that I'm not always the best about that!
PS You can ignore the smudged white ink!

Last night, we had the opportunity to go the Reds' playoff game.  It was so much fun!  Sold out crowd.  We stood for the better part of all nine innings, waving our towels like crazy people.  Standing on chairs because we couldn't see, but loved every minute of it!  The Reds' lost (actually were swept in the series), but this is the first time they've been to the playoffs in 15 years!  Have to cheer for the opportunity to be there and knowing that they have a young team and will be back in the playoffs very soon!

A little pre-game warm up with our towels!
 Line ups complete and the teams are getting ready to play!
 How we looked most of the night!  On our tip toes trying to see the game!
 Let's go Reds...need some offense!
 Ryan refusing a picture with me!
 Okay..that's better!
A great night! 

10 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love the card and the pictures of the boys!!! What fun on both counts.

Emma said...

Wow you are making me so jealous, me and my hubby are big baseball fans (he supports the brewers and me the cardinals). What a crowd - love all your pictures :D

Such a lovely touch with the paper pieced presents on your card today - looks fab :D

Maureen said...

love the new in colours as well, Lynn!! I am hooked on Peach Parfait!! Love the pear card base (I'm trying to not use a neutral all the time) and the stack of presents...adorable!! The thread/twine really is a nice touch :) Looks like you had a really fun time at the game...lol, had to laugh at your teenage son...at least he's hanging out with the family! LOL...teenagers!!

Aimes said...

Oh I got a glimpse of Pear Pizzazz in a catty yesterday and it was love at first sight! *sigh* Love the colour combo you've used it with here!
Such cool pics too - looks like so much fun!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the paper pieced packages Lynn! I'm a scrap saver myself, but I know I'll NEVER be able to use them all! I've started only saving pieces that are at least 3X3 or bigger (used to save every little piece!) Sorry your Reds lost, but GO PHILLIES lol (sorry but I grew up in southeastern PA and have been a Phillies fan for forever ;)

Kerin said...

Great card, and great pics too! Looks like you all had a blast!!

Kathy Martin said...

Cute birthday cards! Looks like fun at the ball game! :)

Connie Babbert said...

Cute birthday card! I always love going to the Reds games! So sad...

Patti Chesky said...

Great pics! We're Twins fans, and we were swept too! Your card is adorable!!!

Selene Kempton said...

I love that you are in some of the pictures... I always forget to hand over the camera. Another gorgeous creation from you! I love the white string!