Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Scrapbooking Feedback

In a few weeks, I'm going scrapbooking for a long weekend...can't wait!  We go to a cabin on a lake and scrapbook to our hearts content and all our meals are prepared for us.  Simply wonderful!  But here's the dilemna...I've done so little scrapbooking this year. (Ryan pointed this out when he pulled out his scrapbooks over the weekend and noted that I hadn't done anything since last fall in his book!) 

I love the satisfaction of making cards...such instant gratification.  Here's my thinking though about scrapbooking.  I'm thinking if I had a better printer that I would scrapbook layouts more often since I could print out photos here and there versus running up to Walgreens.  So...here's my request for feedback!  Who has a printer that works well for everyday use and photo printing? My printer uses a ton of ink just for normal printing! Anyone have any suggestions?  I'd love to hear them!

Now onto my card...is this butterfly big enough? I rarely use embellishments this big, but wanted to finish off this back of butterflies from Martha Stewart.  I love the Sweet Sunday Sketches and this card follows this week's layout.  Hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely butterfly card! Great glittered accents! :)

Maureen said...

so pretty, Lynn...I'm not a printer expert...I still get my photos done at Costco...I use a basic HP printer I've had for ages and it does what I need it to do ...sorry I couldn't help :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this butterfly card! The glitter adds such pizazz! As far as printers, I use an HP 8250 and the pictures are good for scrapbooking. I'm sure you could pay a lot more money and have greatpics but I'm happy with this. I like that I have a photo tray for 4x6 pics but can also print up to 8x10 which I cut or tear. Hope you get more suggestions!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this big butterfly and the twine holding the sentiment in place! I've been holding off on a printer 'til we find a house but all the research I've done points to any Epson or HP printer. As your favourite camera store (a pro one, not your quick print place or office depot) to recommend something and you won't regret it!