Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Mommy I Tell You in Your Ear"

I love the habits my boys have.  Whenever Marcel wants to tell me something that is a secret he'll say, "Mommy, I tell you in your ear."  He then leans over to me...cheek to cheek and says what he needs to say in a soft voice.  Never in my ear!  I love the feel of his soft skin on my cheek.  It always makes me smile.  Nine times out of ten he's asking me to do something that daddy has already told him no too.  Like his current obsession with the Toys 'R Us catalog that came in the mail.  He spends his time looking through the Lego pages and will ask how much everything costs.  He now understands he needs to pick the Lego sets that start with a one or two...not seven or eight!  He will exclaim, "They have a WHOLE Lego aisle there!"  Santa can't come soon enough!  He doesn't quite have enough money save up for a big Lego set!

Switching gears...my card for today is for the current challenge at a Passion for PaperTrey.  The challenge is to CASE one of the PTI Design Team Members.  I love Maile Belle's clean style.  I decided to case this card of hers from one of my favorite, favorite sets, Turning a New Leaf.  I used two different distress inks to ink up the leaves.  The cut out is a PTI Fillable Frames...extremely versatile.  If you don't have any, go get them...very reasonably priced!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!
Ingredients:  Stampin' Up Real Red Paper/Ribbon, Whisper White Paper; Ranger Distress Ink Barn Door; Stampin' Up Basic Black Ink;  PaperTrey Ink Fillable Frames and Turning a New Leaf Stamps;  

6 comments:

Jen said...

Does CASE actually stand for something? I get that it involves using another card as inspiration but just wondered if it was an acronym...

Maureen said...

aw, your little one is too adorable!!! I love hearing these stories, Lynn, they bring back so many sweet memories of when Jake was little. These are definitely moments to ponder and cherish :) I can still remember the feel of Jake's soft cheek too, and how they seemed to get a little plumper when he was asleep as if waiting for kisses :) Gorgeous card and I, too, admire Maile's use of the dies...that "bite" look is so fun and fresh...love the 2 ink colours :)

Laurie said...

This is so pretty! Those colors just POP from the white! Love the stories about your kiddos! So cute!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a clean, pretty card Lynn. Your boys look gorgeous too!
Hugs
Carol x

Caryn said...

Oh what a stunning card - I LOVE Pure Poppy - there's no other red like it! Fabulous choice of card to case. Oh, and I love your little story about your son whispering in your ear - so sweet.

Thanks for joining us at APFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the story! LOVE the card! LOVE the cutout! ALL FAB!