Saturday, July 10, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

Good morning...it's a foggy, foggy start to our day here.  Ryan's a little disappointed as his All Star Tournament was supposed to start today, but we've been postponed until Monday due to rain.  Bit of a bummer, but also kind of nice to have no plans for the day (other than some work for me :(!)

This is my first time playing along with this challenge.  Thanks Julie for suggesting it to me!  Hope you enjoy the cards...I made to similar cards with some fun Hero Arts stamps and Ranger Distress Inks. My inspiration was to pull out the various shades of yellow and a few of the reds/oranges.


12 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

I DO enjoy your cards! They are beautiful! In my opinion, you have really captured the theme, and your choice of images is wonderful.

Sue Lelli said...

Oh Lynn! BOTH of these cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe you made such bright and cheerful cards on a bad weather day! I especially LOVE the second one because I LOVE that stamp. Clever how you sewed that paper piece in the uppper corner to background your sentiment!!!

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely cards, I really like the bright colour combinaion, the stamp on the second card is beautiful. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

Nerina said...

These are both so beautiful! Love your approach to this challenge!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful combination of colors in your flowers and your cards are gorgeous! Glad you decided to join us at the PDCC this week.

Rachel said...

Its imogen,
I love this card!
Oh by the way thank you for leaving an comment.

Kathy Martin said...

Love cards! Great papers, stamping and stitching! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Both of these are stunning!! Love the papers you used and the beautiful colors you stamped your images with! Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

Unknown said...

These are beautiful, Lynn! Your color combos are lovely.. So glad to have you join us at the Play Date Cafe!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, wonderful take on this weeks challenge, so glad you could join us at the PDCC.

Aimes said...

Beautiful cards - love the colours and your stamping!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Ida said...

Very pretty and summery cards. Love them both but my favorite is the top card. I love how you used the DP in the strips.