Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Very Different Style...

This card is a very different style than my normal style card....so let me know what you think!
I started by embossing the floral image using white craft ink and clear embossing powder.   I then used three colors of distress ink followed by spraying some Tattered Angels spray on top.  Not sure about this...

I kept is simple and followed the great 411 sketch adding a twine bow and a simple sentiment.
Ingredients:  SU Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White Paper; Hero Arts Stamp; SU White Craft Ink; Clear Embossing Ink; Tattered Angels Spray; PTI Twine; PTI Round and Round Stamps

9 comments:

Kerin said...

Ooh I love the three colored look behind the flowers! What a pretty sympathy card. Thanks for playing along this week!

Karen B. said...

I think it is lovely, and always great to hear people trying new things out of their comfort zone. The image panel is so soft, and the twin is a great touch.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I want to break out my Glimmer Mist that I never use and mess around with those distress inks!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this..

Rene

Liz said...

Hi Lynn - thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I am looking forward to seeing what you make with the Paper Poppy kit! So many fun goodies to play with. :)

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is totally stunning!

Ida said...

What you're not sure about this...It's lovely. What a pretty mixture of colors. I love the soft feel of this card.

Selene Kempton said...

This clean and simple card suits you well! I really love the emboss resist! So beautiful!

Connie Babbert said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411!