Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Ten Commandments

Tuesday nights are religion nights at our house.  The three older boys all go to church for weekly religious ed.   I pick them up on my way home from work and we typically end up going out to dinner.  Pick up usually starts in a fight or some type of negotiation strategy on who wants to go where.  Always a nice way to start our evening after religion....

Tonight was Collin's turn to pick and he was prompt and definitive on where he wanted to go...Dewey's.  No arguments from the older brothers!

Jonathon walked out of his class with a poster of the Ten Commandments.  Mom, "#4 is my favorite.  Obey your mom and dad."  Well played Jonathon! 

The conversation continued later in the evening.

"So Jonathon, what are you going to do with that poster?"

"I'm going to hang it in my room for the little ones and teach them to read #7.  Though shall not steal."

Good luck with that one Jonathon!  The trials of an older brother...

No comments: