Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's time...

...for vacation! One sure sign it's time for vacation. A pile of books ready to go for me. There is no particular rhyme or reason to which books I choose. The primary similarity to all of them is that they tend to be mindless reading. These were all picked up in about 10 minutes on a trip to Barnes & Noble this weekend. When I have a little more time, I use this website that a friend suggested: paperbackswap.com. Of course, my stack wouldn't be complete without the new Creating Keepsakes magazine. I haven't read this in years and picked up the last couple of issues...it contains a ton of great ideas! Thanks to Laura Vegas for reintroducing the magazine to me through her blog!

You might ask how I can read with four boys and a hubby on a long trip... It started many years ago! Pat always talks about the first long trip we took together how I read the entire 12+ hours from Cincinnati to New England. He couldn't believe that I talked very little. My theory is that every couple should go on a long trip together before they get married to see how they handle it. The trip to Mike's wedding was when we were engaged and we got along very well! I guess my theory is correct...we'll be heading back from vacation on our 17th wedding anniversary!

No comments: