Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Seventeen years ago today, Pat and I got married! Hard to believe it has been 17 years... I quite often I think I'm not old enough to have been married for 17 years let alone have four children! I'm not sure how it happens but each year the time seems to go a little bit faster.

My favorite memory from our wedding day is knowing that we were surrounded by our entire family. Our parents, brothers and sisters, grandmothers, cousins, aunts and uncles (from the US and England) were all there to celebrate with us. We were and are extremely blessed to have families that get along so well together.

Of course many of our wonderful friends were there too. Several of them helped close down the hotel bar after our bar closed. I'll never forget my dad telling me that the bar bill was more than the food bill...that's what happens when you get married right after graduating from college!

I married my love 17 years ago and Pat is still my love and very best friend. We are very blessed to have one another. He keeps me in check, makes me laugh and makes each year better than the last. I am so very grateful for Pat and our entire family.

We're celebrating our anniversary this year driving back from Florida! Fabulous way to celebrate our love for one another! :)

Below are a few pictures of our big day...we're just a little bit thinner and younger looking!




2 comments:

{PurpleD} said...

Wow, you guys looked adorable!!

Kim H. said...

You guys were so cute! What great pictures!!!!