Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thankful For You


Hello there and happy Tuesday.  Last week I needed a card for a co-worker as an anniversary thank you.  Instead of going with the traditional anniversary sentiment I like to change up the sentiments for a heartfelt thank you.  I decided it was the perfect time to play along with the current Uniko Studio Challenge.  I have some of the new Uniko Christmas stamps on order so I played along using the sets I already have. I love this butterfly.  I stamped/embossed in white and add a little more dimension to the butterfly by using water color pens to fill in the butterfly for a tone on tone effect. I am pleased with the CAS result.


11 comments:

sandie said...

You so know I am going to have to try this, so very creative Lynn and looks stunning! Love that you joined us at Uniko

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card, Lynn! I love the dimension on the butterfly!

Kay Miller said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful technique you used on the butterfly! Very gorgeous card Lynn!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, it really pops out. And I forgot to tell you that yes I did get what you meant about the patterned paper on the card I didn't like the other day, it was missing the grounding/tie it all together piece. I think I'll stick to my less is more in the future...

Unknown said...

That is such a good idea for an anniversary sentiment - and the card is gorgeous! Love the embossing and watercolor pen use!

Tracey McNeely said...

Just gorgeous Lynn, the effect is stunning!

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Lynn ... the tone on tone colouring is so deliciously subtle on this gorgeous butterfly! Lovely! Anita :)

Sue Lelli said...

Your butterfly is Gorgeous and I LOVE your background, Lynn!

Beverley said...

Love the colours & great use of the sketch. Thank you for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Gerrina said...

This way the butterfly looks so delicate; stunning! Hugs, Gerrina

BożenA said...

Beautiful card. Great used the butterfly stamp and beautifully highlighted in color. I love this card.
Regards,
Bozena