Friday, July 13, 2012

Stretch Your Stamps: Days 2, 3 & 4




For my CAS-ual Fridays post, please click here.

Happy Friday.  We had a slight change in plans today...no Kings Island...we'll get there very soon, so we're heading out to see the movie Brave in a few minutes.  I got a little time to stamp this morning so I used the opportunity to try and catch up on my cards for the on-line class I'm taking.

First up is a card inspired by Day 2...making the most out of collage stamps.  I don't have any collage stamps, but I decided to use an A Muse set I have to make my own collage. If you look very closely, you can also see where I stamped some script in light lavender over the distress ink and embossed images.  I was trying to go for a dreamy, romantic feel my using a variety of more subtle colors for the distress inks.  Not sure if I succeeded with that one? :)

Next up is day 3.  How to stretch our alphabet stamps.  My sister-in-law, Cindy, has been super helpful this week with the boys so I decided to use the techniques taught in the class to make her a set of note cards.  The first two use the colors inspired by this week's ColourQ Challenge.  I used smaller scale flowers since my alphabet letters are fairly thin.


I love the colors in the last one and they actually match the color of Cindy's house, but I love the bright cheery colors on these two below.  I think the one on the right is my favorite of all four.  Do you have a favorite?
 

Now, if you've hung on this long...here is a card for Day 4.  I haven't watched the videos in this one yet...and I can't wait too because I love graphic cards.  But...I had this card in my stash that I hadn't shared yet and I thought it would fit with the Day 4 theme!


Hope you enjoy them all!

22 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Can I pick all of them? Fabulous cards, all so pretty. I really like the yellow on the left and the red on the right.

Unknown said...

I love to see all that you're learning in the class!! So much inspiration!

Laurie said...

awesome cards Lynn! Looks like a fun class!

Romaine said...

Lynn, I like all the SIL cards, but I agree that for me, the 4th (bottom right) is my fave.

Sylvia said...

Your cards are all beautiful, Lynn, such a fabulous class! I like the first Cindy card the best, I think because those yellow daisies just speak to me! or maybe it is the way they are peeking out and smiling! Anyways, thanks for joining us every week with all your lovely cards! By the way I love bright and cheery colors as well, but doing other combo's stretches all of us!

Sylvia said...

Forgot, thanks for joining us at the ColourQ each week!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME cards, Lynn!! I love the colors on the note cards and the ways you stamp them are fabulous! Happy weekend!

Jenny said...

I'm following this class too Lynn but haven't had chance to play yet!! You've mastered the techniques perfectly... the named notelets are sooo pretty :0)
Jenny x

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards! I love that graphic background one with the beautiful blue. Cindy's cards are darling and masked so well. I love the hazy sky look on the first card as well as the collage look.

Lindart said...

Great cards, I really like the notecards. I like the same one you do! I think I may be making some of these for Christmas presents!

Jay Gee said...

It is so great to see all the different ideas you are learning Lynn and your cards are lovely. I actually like the 3rd notecard best :)

Aimes said...

Top of the class with these fabulous cards, Lynn! I love the different techniques you've experimented with!
If you do go and see Brave I hope it's good - I loved the trailer! ;D
Hugs!
x

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful cards, Lynn!! I'm in the class too, but haven't made any cards...yours are sooooo pretty...especially love the ones for your sil...she will LOVE them, they are amazing!!! You have inspired me!! LOVING the class, right?! Such good stuff!!...the teachers are pretty amazing!!! Keep inspiring!!!

Maureen said...

eek! You are really treating us today with a ton of eye candy! LOVE theh little daisies around Cindy's name and the romantic travel card...I'd fly away with you! LOL. I love me a crisp white card...white and soft stone are definitely my go to neutrals lately!

Karen B. said...

The bottom one is certainly refined, but I don't know, I kind of like the craziness of the flowers in the top left! Great cards!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You've been busy!! Great cards.

Chrissy Larson said...

I love them all but I have to say I love the cute and crazy daisies popping out all over. They just make me smile. Where are those adorable daisies from?? I might just have to track down that set! LOVE the cards and great job on the class!

krcmasterpiece said...

I like the top left one with all the yellow flowers coming out all over. I just love how you took the technique and made different looks.

Definitely going to be trying this myself.

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, Lynn, so much to look at in this post! I absolutely LOVE the notecards for Cindy! I love the way the flowers stick out of the letters, its like a name bouquet :)

shirley-bee said...

Great set of Cindy cards, Lynn! I prefer the top two, and probably the one on the right. No, maybe the one on the left... I love your dreamy Paris card. Looks like the Eiffel Tower is shrouded in evening cloud.

Unknown said...

Oh, they are all awesome, Lynn! I'm sure she will LOVE these. :) Love the way you masked off her name, it looks lovely. Hope you had a wonderful weekend! We are in the midst of our, first ever, sleepover! I have been too chicken to try until now. Collin is tickled that his brothers went to Grandma's and he gets to have 2 friends over. I am hoping that sugaring them up wasn't TOO huge of a mistake! Ha! :D

Jen W. said...

I love how you have "a little time" and you crank out this collection of stunners!! The first card is totally dreamy and I love how you created your own collage. The notecards for Cindy are adorable and so fun! Tough to pick a favourite but I'm partial to the two on the left... Awesome kissing on the last card!