Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We're Praying for You

It's the end of the month and that means it's the final sketch for this month's Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge.    This sketch was complicated so I moved a couple of things around.  Switched the bow to the other side and left off one of the squares. I let the papers do the talking for this card :)  They are all Lily Bee Design.  I love this paper pack....thankfully I still have some left.  Added a quick sentiment from my Verve set.
As promised, I have a few more pictures from Thanksgiving weekend.  You might remember "the lift" conversation from this post.  Well, he has to practice?!  And his cousin, Erin, was game. She's our little family gymnast. She had just finished showing us her beam routine and then I asked for Ryan to try the lift with her. I love her pointed toes in the photos!

Ready...
 Set...
 Go...
First try = success!

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow is your card ever beautiful, those papers really do do the talking!

Christina said...

Beautiful paper choices, Lynn. The sentiment banner really draws your eye to the message, but the focus is on the pretty patterns. Love it!

Barb said...

That sketch is wonderful and I love what you've created with it, Lynn - gorgeous card!

Love the photos! From one gymnast to another, tell Erin, "Perfect form!" So good to know that Ryan is getting the lift down right! You must be so excited for the performance! :)

sandie said...

the papers are gorgeous and the colour combo works so well-and wow what a lift! x

Maureen said...

ACK!! Just like Dancing with the Stars!! Good for Ryan...let's hope his partner is small like his cousin ;) This is going to be a fabulous performance by the sounds of it! Lifts and all! You are so brave with this sketch!! I silently sat out on this one...lol Gorgeous paper and that pop with the ribbon...LOVE!

Jay Gee said...

LOL... well done Ryan! You have used beautiful papers on your card Lynn and I like your changes to the sketch :) Gorgeous.

Jenny said...

I love those pretty colours together Lynn and how you altered the sketch too :)
Go Ryan they look like a couple of pro's :)
Jenny x

Aimes said...

That sketch would scare me, Lynn! But I love the way you've interpreted it and kept your own style too! Gorgeous colour combo too btw!
Looks like you had a fabulous Thanksgiving from catching up on your blog! So much fun!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

{Colleen} said...

I agree great papers! They really add a wow factor to the card. While I haven't been creating much I always love checking out what you have come up with.

Looks like you had a fabulous thanksgiving. A great time to celebrate family and friends.

Jen W. said...

Love the red and turquoise and how you made such a busy sketch work with your fabulous CAS style.
Go Ryan! Dancing with the Stars will be the next stop or maybe Glee! ;)

Tiffany Ervin said...

I have no idea how your son just did that maneuver...lol! I think my back hurts from looking at that...hehe! Aren't we thankful our children are very flexible? Your card is gorgeous with all the blues and holiday red!

Laurie said...

Holy cow Lynn! This card is gorgeous! I love the colors you used! Absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! I love the colors and your take on the sketch. It is just so pretty! Have a great weekend! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This card is absolutely beautiful, Lynn! One of my favorite color combos, and you've done it up right!

lisa arana said...

another gorgeous card and what a great sentiment.