Monday, October 3, 2011

Happpy 6th Birthday Marcel!


Happy 6th birthday to my sweet baby boy, Marcel!  We celebrated yesterday with our family and a few of Marcel's friends.  He woke up early and all day said, "How many minutes until my party mommy?"  The theme was Star Wars, but our local grocery store didn't have any Star Wars cakes so he choose Sponge Bob.  Before we could get the candles in the cake and lit, he had pulled out the Sponge Bob and was licking off the icing.  That big smile is a bit deceiving as he actually got just a tad bit shy as we were singing to him.
If you're a regular reader, you know that I "bribed" him with painting pumpkins instead of a Chuck E Cheese party.  Here are a few of the artists painting their pumpkins! (Marcel, Chloe, Will and Olivia)
Of course, we had to have a pinata too!  Only four children got to hit it before all the candy came falling out.  No one was bothered though as they each left with a bag full of candy. 
Oh how I love this little man.  He is so out going, a master negotiator (hard to tell this sweet little man no), easy going and oh so loveable.  I love that he still wants to hold my hand, still wants lots of kisses and is my sweet little cuddler.  Happy birthday my sweet Marcel!
As I was typing this post, I was looking through his prior birthday pictures.  I'm missing his one year on digital and the scanner isn't working...but here are years 5, 4, 3 and 2.  So sweet.  On his third birthday, he cried when we sang him happy birthday.  Startled him and he went through a brief shy time.
Oh...how I miss those sweet curls from when he was three.
Here is his Star Wars themed birthday card!  This week's Just Us Girls sketch (designed by my dear friend Maureen!) was perfect.  He said, "oh...that's a pretty cool card!" 

17 comments:

{Colleen} said...

Looks like a fun time. The smile says it all.

Jen W. said...

That is a pretty cool card and it rocks that sketch!

Looks like the lack of Chuck E. Cheese was not a problem judging by all the happy faces! :)

Arlene said...

Happy Birthday Marcel! Love the picture for year 3...so touching. Also, love his card, great boy card! :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Happy Birthday, Marcel! Looks like the party was a blast. Definitely waaaaaaaay cooler than Chuck E. Cheese's! ;) That card turned out perfect, Lynn. One of my 5 year olds is looking over my shoulder and ooohing and aaaahhing over it!

And yes...I have exactly 2 hours and 45 minutes this afternoon while boys are ALL at school and I am racing to Archivers!!!! I hope everything isn't too picked over by then. One of these days, we must meet for shopping and lunch! :)

Els said...

Love all the pictures! everybody seems to be having so much fun!
Great card too! I really love it!

Velta said...

Happy Birthday to your darling Marcel!!! What beautiful boys you have and reading about this little one just put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing Lynn!!!

Anonymous said...

Marcel is beyond cute! I love your Star Wars card a lot!

Aimes said...

Oh Lynn Marcel is just *adorable*!!! So I take it the pumpkin painting went down a treat then and was worh the bribery as compared to Chuck E Cheese?! Looks like so much fun (as does that amazing Star Wars pinata!)
Love your card based on that sketch! Totally guy-fied and perfect for the li'l man's special day :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Emily Leiphart said...

Happy birthday to your cutie pie! Marcel's adorable!! I love the idea of a pumpkin painting party and the Sponge Bob cake is hilarious. Your Star Wars card is fabulous. I love how you used the sketch!

Karen B. said...

What a handsome little man he is! And those curls, where did those curls go?? Do you think that when little boys hit the age of three that they disappear? I think it must happen, it happened to mine too. He's got such a handsome little grin, you must be so proud of him! Oh, and fantastic card too, for a boy!

Mynn xx said...

That is the awesomest Jedi card ever! I'm sure he loved it--it's just fab!

Jenny said...

Well a fun time was had by all from the faces on the photos :) The darth piñata looks cool.
Ace card too, great use of the sketch :)
Jenny x

Barb said...

I'm so glad I didn't miss this post! Got so far behind yesterday. Big, huge Happy Birthday wishes to Marcel! He really is so cute, Lynn - looks like a great party! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Happy, happy birthday, Marcel! LOVE your line-up of pics from birthdays past! And those curls! Oh! You should've seen my baby boy's too! His card is so fun, too! LOVE that navy and burgundy!

Ida said...

So happy he had a great day. - He's adorable. They grow up so fast...enjoy him as I know you do.

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I hope Marcel had a great birthday! Love that you share pics of them on your blog. Marcel's card is fabulous! You did a great job making it fun and spot on for his "theme"!

Kathryn B said...

Looks like marcel had a fun Birthday to me!!! Thanks for sharing your photos Lynn.
I just love the card you made him based off this weeks sketch!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!