Thursday, September 29, 2011

He should be in sales.

This past Sunday was absolutely beautiful and the boys came in asking if they could have a lemonade stand (with red kool-aid :)).  We haven't had one in a really long time...so out came the card table, chairs, crayons and paper to make signs.  Marcel was walking up and down our side walk yelling, "Lemonade, twenty-five cents."  I think he was going strong for over a half hour.  Our poor neighbor across the street was trying to work in their yard...but would look up and give me a smile every few minutes!  A little later a mom came buy walking her two children in her stroller.  When she told Marcel she didn't have any money, he was very persistent.  "You can go home to get money."  She told him she lived kind of far away.  "That's okay...you can go home and then drive back."  He wasn't going to stop until he closed the sale.  Hilarious...and consistent with most conversations with Marcel.  He'll keep asking (selling you) on what he wants by asking 100 questions :)  I think he may have a future career in sales...

Collin, Marcel and their two friends (Chloe and Logan) were so proud...stayed outside for about 90 minutes and made $9.  A productive outing. Thankful for generous neighbors who didn't ask for change!
Now onto the crafty part of my post...I have two quick cards to share using more new PTI goodies...and in honor of A Passion for PaperTrey's current tag challenge.  I paired up the tag with some Teresa Collin's Christmas paper.  Quick and easy.
While I had this gorgeous paper out, I decided to also play along with the current Mojo Monday sketch.  It's a great challenge to highlight this gorgeous DSP.


13 comments:

Jenny said...

Looked like the perfect weather for a lemonade stand! I remember having sale stands outside our house in my younger days :)
Gorgeous cards Lynn ,the fairy lights are perfect on the tag.
Jenny x

Jen W. said...

I like the circle on the tag - gives it a fun shape! And those patterned papers really are gorgeous.

Looks like the gang had a great time with their sales! Marcel is too funny. :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous cards, Lynn! The papers are lovely!
It looks like the kids had a fun time at their "lemonade" stand. :-)

Jay Gee said...

Love a good entrepreneur! Great cards Lynn, the papers are gorgeous and I love that tag :)

Barb said...

Oh, I remember those fun, summer days! Such a cute photo of them, Lynn! Love your cards today too! That paper is wonderful!

Maureen said...

LOL, that Marcel is too cute :) An answer for everything :) Sales or law for that boy :) It's hard to say no to a cute crew like that :) Wow, treated to 2 sweet cards today...you are just cruising with the Christmas stash!! I love the tag and have it on my list to make one for that challenge too :) I always love panel cards...great way to use up scraps of beautiful paper :) Have a wonderful day :)

Anita Rex said...

Your boys are so sweet and that's hilarious what a great salesmen Marcel is!!!! :> Love your cards featuring tags! The twine bow is a great touch too!

sandie said...

Sales for sure!

I love both these cards and have printed them off to give me inspration. Some of the card stock you sent me will really work with these sketches-I need to get some Xmas cards done x

Aimes said...

Oh Marcel definitely has a career ahead of him in sales - it helps if you're super cute too (how could you say no to him?!) ;D
Oooh new PTI goodies! New goodies that I really, really, really want and now feel that I need after seeing your first card!!!
Totally rockin' the tags on both cards and getting a good start on Christmas!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Tigriswillreign said...

These are both so pretty!!
Lemonade for 25 cents is a steal! I remember doing stands as a kid and then from an adult's perspective... It's rare that the "profits" cover the "expense!" ;)

Karen B. said...

Ooh, your cards are divine as usual, and I really enjoyed the story of the stand!

Unknown said...

Hey Lynn! This is awesome, and the fact that they sold more Kool-aid than they drank has got to be worth something, right? ;) LOVE your gorgeous PTI Christmas cards, too! SO glad you liked my CASE of your awesome page. I meant to come over here and tell you that I was CASEing you & got sidetracked, so sorry! My Collin is sharp as a tack & really NOT content with being the middle of 3 boys, he is a kick! <3 So glad we are following each other now! :)

Cecilie said...

Found your blog via A passion for Papertrey Ink. Cute cards!