Saturday, July 16, 2011

Get Your Diva On!

Good morning!  This week I came home to two packages from Verve.  One from my order for this month's release and the second package from Maureen as an early hostess event!  In less than one week, I'll get to meet her in person and she sent me fabulous Verve stamps as a thank you.  I think I doubled my total number of Verve stamps in one week and that equals happiness for me.  So now...onto the challenge for this month.    The Get Your Diva On Challenge challenge is to make a card inspired by some Pretty Purse Pastic.  My first card is inspired by my bank card.  I picked up on the shades of orange and the diamond image using the Verve's Accent Notes set to create a damask type background.  I love that the top of the image is a heart and it fits perfectly with the sentiment for the card.

My second card is inspired by the Target gift card that one of my boys received as a birthday gift. I loved the fun colors so I decided to color the sentiment stamp from Verve's Big Wishes and coordinate it with the colors from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist paper.
Posted by Picasa

I hope your weekend gets off to a fabulous start!  I'm off to buy donuts for the boys...Jonathon had a friend sleepover and donuts are the breakfast request!

17 comments:

Karen B. said...

Mmm, donuts sound yummy. Love your cards today and the post really showcases your versatility! The orange card is so sophisticated, elegant, beautiful and the second is so much fun!

Unknown said...

Fun and bright cards Lynn, and I so love the colour orange in the first one ... cheers Ange

Andrea M said...

FUN cards girl!!! Love your interpretation of the gift card!!! SO SO lovely!! Hope you have the most wonderful time at Stamp-a-faire!! I'm sure it's going to be so fabulous!!!

Barb said...

Love these bright, citrus-y colors, Lynn! Both cards are beautiful!

Jenny said...

What lovely cards and a great challenge...needless to say I would have a large choice of plastic to use for inspiration from my purse !!!
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

What a great idea for a challenge and the cards you made are both fabulous. I especially love the orange one - just gorgeous!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Stunning - love all that stampy goodness! Are you going to be at CHA? I think I'm going to go on Wed. Let me know and we could maybe meet up.

Christina said...

I love that yummy orange stamping! So fresh and summery!

Maureen said...

Okay, this is so funny...you pulled a "Moe!" I used to submit 2 cards to a lot of the Verve challenges because I was so inspired :) Love both of these and can totally see the inspiration :) That orange just pops!! Wasn't too sure how this challenge was going to be viewed by everyone, but I think it's been interesting :)

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the delicious colours on both your cards, Lynn! The background is beautiful on the first one and I love how the sentiment was inspired by the jello-y gift card on the second. Hope the sleepover was a success!

Jen W. said...

What a fun challenge and fun new goodies! Glad someone is splurging along with me!

Love the design you created on the first card and you're right - it's perfect for an anniversary card!

The big polka dots and bright sentiments on the second card are super fun and cheery. :)

Hope the doughnuts went over well!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

You are so clever! Love both of these cards and how you were inspired by the "plastic" in your purse. :0)

Cristina said...

So cool. Love seeing the inspiration for both. And you *know* I'm crazy about the background on the first one! Keep on rollin', lady! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Great cards! I especially love all the bright, happy colors in the second!

Arlene said...

These are such great cards...love the colors! :)

Arlene.

Ida said...

Both card are wonderful and cheery. I love all the Polka Dots on your 2nd card.

Laurie said...

Ok totally loving this one! Such fun colors and I love that sentiment!