Saturday, June 11, 2011

Beyond Excited

Okay...so I'm bouncing off the walls a bit this morning!  Maureen is coming to Cincinnati.  Just had to share that my dear blogging friend, Maureen, is coming for the PTI event at the end of July.  I can't wait to meet her in person. Now...just to make we get registered!

...Back to regularly scheduling programming.  A card for you.  This is a card that I'm entering over at Wee Memories.  The challenge right now is anything goes.  I'm also entering this for Virginia's amazing blog candy.  Her challenge is to create a card based on something that inspired you.  I was inspired by Andrea's soft card here.  Love how she used the distress inks over the embossed dots.

Ingredients:  Neenah Solar White Paper; Hero Arts Background Stamp; Paper Smooches Stamps; SU Basic Black and Pretty In Pink Ink; My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Paper; Maya Road's Chipboard and Mist

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous take from the inspired card from Andrea!! I love the soft colors and the entire composition is fabulous! I'm excited for you to meet Maureen, Lynn! Blogging friend is very special, isn't it? Thanks so much for playing Stamp Your Hero HeART out challenge!

Maureen said...

eek!! Okay, I'd better get that plane ticket!! and I guess it's a done deal ;) Can't wait to maybe play a bit in YOUR studio...maybe we could do a post together :) I'm hoping you like to shop a bit too ;) And lucky for your boys I love little boys!! I wonder if Marcel will "tell me a secret in my ear" :) Oh, I love that paper and fabulous font on the sentiment. ACK!! I still can't believe it!

Karen B. said...

I was wondering if you were going to go to that even, and super excited for you and Maureen that you get to experience it together. What a soft and lovely card, I really like how the sentiment pops!

Michele Gross said...

How exciting!! You will have a blast :) Your card is adorable, I am such a sucker for polka dots :)

Barb said...

I can feel your excitement, Lynn! I know what it's like meeting on-line friends in person. . .It is sooo fun and you will have a blast! Love your beautiful card today. . .pretty color combo!

Andrea M said...

Lynn, this card is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE it! Love the way the polka dots look distressed and I LOVE that DP!!! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for the shout out :) I'm so jealous! Wish I could go to Cinci!!! Hope you have a BLAST!

Jen W. said...

This card is gorgeous! I've been coveting that HA polka dot stamp and now I want it even more! Love the strips of patterned paper and, of course, that silver star. :)

Tigriswillreign said...

That's right!! I had forgotten that you live in Cincinnati! How lucky for you to live so close to the PTI warehouse! ;) Can't wait to read all about the PTI event... So jealous!! ;)

What a sweet and soft card! I love those distress-y dots!

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card!

Sue Lelli said...

I am so JEALOUS! Can't BELIEVE you and Maureen get to go! WAAAAH! I want to go! I KNOW the two of you will have a blast! Your celebrate card just says it all!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Lynn! You make me want those distressed dots! Since this has Paper Smooches, you should enter it in their guest designer search. ;)