Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to You

Hello there!  I have been looking at the Off The Wall Craftiness Challenges for a while...and this week decided it was time to play along.  I didn't think I had any cameos, but I found this fun little cameo button in my stash.   I also pulled out an embossing folder that I haven't used in entirely too long.  I love the look of embossing so I need to do it more often! An added bonus for this card is that it also qualifies for the current Moxie Fab Challenge....Appearances of Cameos!

This card is in the mail for my nana's 92nd birthday! 
Ingredients:  Paper Company Red Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Very Vanilla Cardstock and Ribbon and Basic Black Ink; PTI Damask Design Stamps

Hope you like my take on this fun inspiration photo!
And all you blog readers out there...be safe...there is so much horrible weather with the snow storms in the states and the cyclones and flooding in Australia, please be careful!

15 comments:

catalina stanescu said...

una tarjeta muy delicada!

Jen W. said...

That cameo button is perfect for this! And how do you always get your bows tied so evenly? They always look perfect. Stay warm out there!

Barb said...

Gorgeous card today, Lynn! I don't dry-emboss enough either and it always looks so elegant! Beautifully done!

Maureen said...

this is so beautiful and elegant, Lynn :) When I first saw the post title, I thought you had a Groundhog birthday in your family today :) Tony turns the big 5-0 today :) I can't believe the snow some places are getting. We don't get THAT much thank goodness. As much as I would like a snow day now and then, I'm not sure it's worth the pain of all the snow. Hope all is well weather wise your way...that Groundhog better NOT see his shadow! lol

Maureen said...

oh, and score on that fabulous little cameo button!!

Tigriswillreign said...

Looks terrific!
Question: do you stamp before or after you emboss? It looks so perfect!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous Lynn! I love the embossing!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is simply gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing over at OTWC this week!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so classy and elegant, Lynn! Your nana is going to love it. I also have a little something for you on my blog!

Ida said...

Wonderfully Elegant! Love the Cameo button.

Karen B. said...

Oh Lynn this is so pretty, that cameo is the perfect touch! (You should enter your beauty into into the Moxie Fab Challenge too!) I agree with everyone else, the embossing is utterly fantastic on this card.

Amy Kolling said...

Lynn! Oh my. This is soo pretty! I love love the embossing (I'm addicted I tell 'ya!) I'm so glad you played along with OTWC this week and yes you should put it over on the Moxie Fab challenge too! That button steals the show!

Yes, snow about 9 inches yesterday but today the roads were just fine and made it to work without problems. My boss even bought us pizza for lunch and gave us $20 thanking us for making it into work on time!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous CAS card Lynn, that button is perfect! So glad you played along at OTWC this week.

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful! Came over from Moxie Fab!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lynn! Thanks for entering the Appearance of Cameos challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)