Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You Inspire Me

Over nine years ago, my dear friend, Barb, lost her beautiful two year old, Kevin.  Kevin died from eColi.  Barb and her family started a non-profit several years ago to not only honor Kevin's memory but to educate and promote change in food safety.  She has truly done amazing work.  A couple of weeks ago, Barb was recognized by Yoko Ono for her contributions.

I can't imagine losing a child, but know that Barb is an inspiration to us all.  She is an example of how we can take a very tragic loss and turn into positive for so many people.  To read more about Barb's non-profit, Center for Foodborne Illness, click here
Ingredients:  Stamps:  Hero Arts and PTI Embellishments; PTI Twine; SU Cherry Cobler, Autumn Spice and Whisper White Paper; Range Distress Inks; Clear Embossing Powder; PTI Twine

This card is also being entered for the Hero Arts Challenge and the Cards Challenge this week.

3 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

That is so sad Lynn :( I can't imagine losing a child. Your card is FABULOUS! I want that wreath stamp, badly lol!

Aimes said...

What a total inspiration Barb is! I'm so sorry for her loss but it makes me happy that she's received some well deserved recognition.
Your card of course, is lovely! Love those shades of ink on your wreath!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Karinn said...

A beautiful card for a beautiful lady. I saw her interview in Food, Inc. It broke my heart. She is a wonderful inspiration and working hard for all of us. Her loss could've happened to any of us, and my prayers are with her as she fights for us and all our children too. {{hugs}}