Thursday, February 15, 2018

Time Out: Keep Calm and Make Cards

Hello, hello!  It's time for a new challenge over at Time Out!  We'd love for you to come play along with us. The challenge theme is: Hobbies. Imagine where that idea can take you.  I went straight to my favorite for the challenge: making cards. Nothing relaxes me more than making cards.


And we have a sponsor for our challenge. CAS-ual Friday Stamps will be offering a $20 gift certificate to the winner of the challenge.  Feel free to play along too with the random twist of creating a single layer card!  Please pop on over to the Time Out challenge - we'd love for you to play along with us!  And also don't forget to check out our amazing guest designer:  Ashwini. You won't be disappointed by her beautiful cards!


13 comments:

sandie said...

We nearly all had the same idea-love this sentiment and that gorgeous subtle background.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Does drinking coffee count as a hobby?

Darnell said...

I have a feeling there will be a lot of card-making hobby designs in the gallery and I really love yours, Lynn! Nothing calms a card artist like making a card!! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Would you believe I have nothing card-making in my stash of stamps? Fortunately I have another hobby and you will see that card in the gallery when I get it posted. Yours is a perfect clean and simple card, Lynn

Jill V said...

I think that I have said this before - but I am always inspired by your colour schemes - I love the bold colour you chose for the sentiment strip - it is so perfect and looks gorgeous with that black and white twine and the textured background - love it!

Happy Dance said...

Nothing is more relaxing and fun than card making! Love the colors and the simplicity of your sweet card, Lynn! That embossing folder is wonderful for this. Fabulous card!! hugs. Bev

Nonni said...

Beautiful, Lynn! White heat embossing on the orange card stock looks brilliant and I love the design with the banner. Beautiful background too.

Gerrina said...

Why did I exspect to see cardmaking as your hobby for this challenge :)? Great sentiment and card! Hugs, Gerrina

Anita in France said...

Crisp, fresh, stylish ... a perfect depiction of this fun hobby of ours, Lynn! Hugs, Anita :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fantastic takeon the inspiration. Love it!!!

Sue Lelli said...

And what a great hobby this is! LOVE the colors and your saying, too!

Joyce said...

Yes, Card Making does keep me calm on the craziest day. Love the fantastic texture in your background.

Tracey McNeely said...

I recognize that sentiment, so smart to use it on a card! Yes card making is so relaxing!