Thursday, January 7, 2016

Time Out: Happy Birthday



After a nice break for the holidays, it is wonderful to be back at Time Out for our first challenge of the new year. Our current challenge is:
  • Birthdays - with the optional twist of sponging
For my card, I used water coloring instead of sponging.  I embossed the medallion image in white on water color paper and then used a few different water colors, a touch of thread and a few sequins before adding the birthday sentiment. For some reason, I don't make a ton of birthday cards so this is a great challenge for me to start a stash of birthday cards!

Uniko is our sponsor for this challenge.  Be sure to play along for a chance to win a gift certificate from them!


We'd love for you to check out our fabulous design team cards on the Time Out Blog as well as our guest designer's cards. We're thrilled to have you playing along with us Rema!

23 comments:

  1. I really love this look Lynn, the watercolouring over the medallion looks fabulous, I hadn't thought of doing this, thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Lynn! The blended colors look spectacular for the medallion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and that medallion! So pretty, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours and the embossed medallion over the top - stunning! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mix of products...I kind of get scared to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very pretty, Lynn ... hope to join in the fun! I do LOve Time Out!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those sweet details! Such a happy card that reminds me of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful birthday card. I love your water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty birthday card Lynn, I love the watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the warm welcome Lynn. Your card is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to comment here before I go, this is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had to comment here before I go, this is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw the colours at your card my first tought was: A Marjolein-card! I have a friend who just loves pink and orange and she likes to use them as often as she can together...
    So with a happy thought I enjoyed your girly card! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! Love that watercolored medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. With the thread going around your pink and orange center, it almost looks like there are petals on a flower! So fun. Love the color combo, and the black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Utterly gorgeous!! Love the color mix and contrast! Brilliant work, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So delicate and pretty, Lynn ... the soft colour combo is just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You don't make a ton of birthday cards? That's mainly what I DO make, Lynn. This one is fantastic in color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors of your card. It is so festive and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A Person can merely enjoy two occasions relating to him/her personally.
    One, is Birthday - a day in a year.
    Another, is Marriage Day - A Day in a Lifetime.
    Both are most precious ones, which stay memorable for a long time.

    I wish you a very very Happy Birthday to you and all Birthday Wishes fill the life with joy and blessings

    ReplyDelete