Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's Your Time to Soar


Hi there...happy Wednesday. I hope the week is zooming along for you.  I had some fun with my distress inks making a card for a co-worker who is retiring after 17 years of service with our company. She is an absolute gem and will definitely be missed but deserves nothing more than to enjoy her retirement.  She's calling it her graduation so I thought it would be fun to use this sentiment.  At the crafty weekend I had back in September, I used several distress inks.  I decided to take the plunge and buy more of the blenders so that I had one for every color.  So..I should be using them more often. This card is based on the CAS(E) this Sketch.

I mentioned in my earlier posts that Pat's cousin got married this past weekend. We had an absolute blast.  Below are some pictures of us from the wedding.  Pat's mom is one of six so there were tons of  aunts/uncles and cousins to celebrate with us. The bride (Amy) was absolutely stunning. She asked us not to share actual wedding pictures on social media so I've not included those layouts.  You can tell by all the smiles that it was a wonderful celebration of the start of their married life together.




17 comments:

sandie said...

wow the distress inking looks fab-you are being brave. I am awful at it! And sure looks like you had a fun weekend x

Michelle said...

Great card! I love the idea of "graduating" from work. :-) Great photos, too!

Gerrina said...

I like this kind of cards; it is a beauty!
And that you had fun showes so well on the pics! Hugs, Gerrina

~amy~ said...

Look at you getting all inky! awesome card.

I absolutely love the pictures Lynn...you look marvelous!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Thanks for the reminder to play with my distress inks.

Maureen said...

gorgeous! The card and all the photos! I love a good wedding and reception! Ah, distress inks! I need to use mine again soon! What a fun way to celebrate her "graduation!" ox

Jennifer K said...

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one who has fallen hard for Distress inks. And I'm up to only four blenders - must work on that! Gorgeous card.

Deepti said...

Wow that's not ur style yet you did an amazing job ! Love the colors. Great photos too :)

Marisa said...

Well done with the daubers and embossing. Love the pictures - nothing better than a fun wedding :)

Joyce said...

You are already a distress ink pro! Love that sentiment for a retirement card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn, your ink blending is gorgeous and I love that sentiment! Lovely photos of the wedding.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Lynn -- it's so pretty! Great take on the sketch!
And I love your layouts, too!

Virginia L. said...

Love your gorgeous card, Lynn! The colors exudes happiness! You and Pat are such a cute couple! Thanks for the share!

Jinny Newlin said...

Love that colorful, gradient effect, Lynn! Looks like such a memorable weekend, too!

Alice said...

love the background and the soaring balloons! awesome card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

What a fun wedding and SO many good looking people! WOW! ;) LOVE this card and the background...WOW!

Lindsey said...

How fun! Love thd wedding photos. You all look so happy! (PS You are incredibly photogenic and look so cute and pretty in all of these!)