Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Heartfelt Sympathy

Hi there...today I'm popping in with a card for this week's Just Us Girls Technique Challenge.  The technique was to create a woodgrain effect.  Rather than go with a wood panel look, I decide to go for a rock wall look by using Stampin' Up Basic Gray paper, applying white ink and then Ranger Pumice Stone.  I love how it turned out.  The photo was hard to take for some reason and the leaves on the sentiment panel are a light green, but didn't really show up well.  Hope you can make it out!

Thank you also for all of your fabulous comments on my card yesterday.  I can't thank you enough!  I answered a few of the questions in yesterday's post.  Please let me know if you have more!

Ingredients:  Stamps:  Verve;  Stampin' Up Whisper White and Basic Gray Cardstock; Ranger Distress Pumice Stone; Craft White, Basic Gray and Pear Pizzazz Ink; PTI Buttons and Twine

19 comments:

Emma said...

Wow Lynn - this is stunning. Absolutely love the wood effect - so stylish in the black.

{Colleen} said...

Wow indeed! Your card rocks. It looks so effective. Simple colours and well placed embellishments

Jen W. said...

Awesome effect and don't worry - the leave show up just fine! :)

Arlene said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is sooooo nice! Sympathy cards are hard for me, you made this look so easy! I am definitely pinning this...will have to CASE this one day! You are amazing.

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Tigriswillreign said...

This is spectacular!! I love how it looks like a hardwood floor! Perfect for a more masculine card!

Maureen said...

very cool technique!! It really looks like stone!! And I can see how it would look like wood by changing the cardstock colour. Was this take on the patio where I'll be lounging with you at night drinking wine? ;) 2 more days!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really gorgeous look, definitely something different and unique, and just as pleasing to look at as woodgrain is.

Aimes said...

What an amazing wood effect! It honestly looks like a panel of wood!!!
I can't resist a smile when I see those li'l buttons playing peek-a-boo ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anonymous said...

Very cool background!

Jenny said...

Wow thats such a realistic effect...I need to see this video :)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

My jaw has hit the floor! Wow is this gorgeous!

~jan said...

What a beautiful card and great technique (I thought it was a photo at first!) :)

Judy said...

Just beautiful Lynn.
Judy

Emily Leiphart said...

This card is amazing, Lynn! I hope you win with this one. I love the background and I love the new look of your blog!!

Sue Lelli said...

Lynn, LOVE the rock wall and the big label! LOVE the buttons! GREAT card!

AKiteFlier said...

Lynn I love that you were a creative thinker and went for stone instead of wood - it's very well done - thanks for sharing the deets! Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week - good to have you playing along. :-)

Andrea M said...

This is AMAZING Lynn!!! I can't believe how FABULOUS your wood technique turned out! WOW! It looks just like real wood! Thanks for sharing the inks and papers - may have to try this one! WOW girl!!! This rocks!

Amy Kolling said...

Well, this is one STUNNER of a card! I love love this! Your background is fabulous and the loose twine and buttons? Oh my. It all came together perfect!

Where did you get your HA Envelope stamp?

Christa said...

Very impressive! Love it!