Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Mommy, I don't want to be cute anymore..." and CPS/SFYTT Challenge

Collin walks up to me on Sunday night with a very serious, disturbed face..."Mommy, I don't want to be cute anymore..." "Excuse me?" "MOMMY, I don't want to cute anymore!" "Why not, buddy?" "I have another 'squito bite and I don't want to get stung by a bee again." "Do you mean you don't want to be so sweet anymore." "YES MOMMY, I don't want to be cute or sweet." Duh...don't you understand what I'm saying mom?

Collin experienced his first bee sting while we were on vacation...it hurt! Daddy's response after the bee sting, "Collin, you're just so sweet that's why the bee got you..."
Collin must have pondered on this statement for a while...he's done with the summer mosquito bites and isn't interested in another bee sting!
I can see why the "bees and 'squitos" can't resist this little man! Now...onto the challenges that I am loving so much...helping me create in many different ways!

For the CPS Challenge for this week, I found these cute PaperBliss tags and thought they would go perfectly with SU paper colors I already had...I haven't used VersaMark much before and liked the way I was able to create a background using PaperTrey Ink's Simply Stationery kit. It's hard to see on the picture but the Damask designs match a portion of the tags. Hope you like it!


This is my first time participating in the SFYTT challenge. I love the way this card turned out, but the photos are awful...bummed about that! I love the bright colors in this card. I'm going to use these papers to make some monogrammed cards too...it will be nice to make some that are in brighter colors versus more traditional muted colors for monogrammed stationary!


No comments: