The Just Us Girls challenge this week is a technique challenge, Ink Spray Smash. You put ink on a glossy piece of card stock and then spray it with water and "smash" two pieces of paper together. I was really surprised at how quickly the ink dried on the glossy paper. It didn't seem logical to me. Not sure why I picked the colors I did for the background ink, but I thought it would be a good color for my PTI tree stamps. I embossed the trees and the sentiment so that the stood out a little more. A clean and simple sympathy card popped up for a little extra dimension.
It's hump day! Happy Wednesday!
Ingredients: PTI Kraft Paper and Twine; SU Glossy White Paper; PTI Stamps; Ranger Distress Ink: Broken China and Peeled Paint

Just lovely - I like the somewhat monochromatic look you achieved. CAS was certainly appropriate with this design. Thanks for getting inky (literally) with Just Us Girls this week. :-)
ReplyDeleteI just love the simplicity of your card Lynn and so appropriate for a sympathy card! Beautiful job!
ReplyDeleteThanks for getting down and inky with Just Us Girls this week!
I love the background you created with this technique Lynn!! The trees look beautiful against it! This is a really lovely sympathy card.
ReplyDeleteI love your ink spray smash! It turns out so cute, but it's hard to think of the end picture when you are first designing with this technique I feel like...Yours turned out so pretty and serene though! Awesome job!!
ReplyDeleteLove your take on the inky technique :) The green is so striking and I really like how the brown trees look against it - great job! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! We appreciate your support!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice sympathy card. I know those kind are always so hard to make. Nice job with the techinque and thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.
ReplyDelete