Thursday, February 14, 2019

Time Out: Happy Birthday


I'm back for the new challenge over at Time Out!  The challenge is a theme challenge to be retro.  My dear cousin, Sandie, sent me this fabulous stencil from Funky Fossil:  Arrowhead so it was absolutely perfect to play along. I never seem to have enough birthday cards (get ready to see a lot over the next several challenges) and I decided to ink up this stencil for a retro feeling guy's birthday card.  

As I mentioned, our sponsor is the fabulous Funky Fossil Designs.   Sarah has absolutely stunning stencils and gorgeous cards to inspire you. Be sure to take a look.

And be sure to pop on over to Time Out to play along with us and gain the change to win three incredible stencils from Funky Fossil - thank you, thank you, thank you Sarah for being so generous!  You can check out her Etsy store here.

And be sure to pop on over to our guest designer Esther for gorgeous inspiration as well!

14 comments:

sandie said...

so glad you got to use the stencil and super blending. Adore the retro colours and perfect for a guy x

Gerrina said...

Sandy is so sweet; she send me the same stencil :) and that is my ony one from Sarah's shop, so I had to use it. And by linking my page I saw your beautiful and so different card with it...super how one stencil can look so different and so beautiful on your card! Hugs, Gerrina

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful clean-and-simple card! Love the retro colors you used with that stencil - so pretty!

Bobby said...

The stencil and the colors - both perfectly retro, Lynn.

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Lynn!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful way to use that stencil, Lynn. Love the gradation of color and that simple sentiment!

Joyce said...

Super fun card, and I love those colors. Makes such a cool and retro design.

Happy Dance said...

A very cool retro card perfectly fit for a fella! Those colors are amazing, and the stencil is so reminiscent of the 50s. I think my mom had some drapes with a pattern similar to this, only with gray, pink, coral, and black. So this card is a winner all around in my book. I like it very much! Hope that you're staying warm and shoveled out. xo Bev

Darnell said...

I love the way you applied your color hues to the stencil for this manly card, Lynn! Your blending is enviably smooth!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Cool colours and groovy style, Lynn ... so deliciously retro ... and wonderfully masculine! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Lynn I just love that fabulous stencil, so graphic and cool! Miss you my friend!

Lisa Kind said...

Sandie is such a sweetie! I received this same stencil! Love how you used some retro colors with it! Cute card!

Nora Noll said...

These are AMAZING!!

Jill V said...

Love the colour combo you used - it really does give the stenciled design a retro feel - definitely a wonderful masculine Birthday card (and I am with you on never seeming to have enough of them on hand!)