Thursday, May 18, 2017

Time Out: Happy Mother's Day


Hi there!  It's time for the reminder post at Time Out!  I'm so pleased that our challenge is to case the fabulous Hannalie. I adore Hannalie's style and have been a long time follower of her blog. She has a beautiful style and works magic with her Silhouette and digital sentiments.  I was inspired by the lattice type background and the gorgeous florals so I decided to make two mother's day cards...one for my mum and one for my mother-in-law (she loves blue!).  


Here's a bit about Hannalie's card in her words:  My card  (as many other of my cards) shows my love for combining digital elements with conventional cardmaking methods.The lilies are a digital stamp . I decided to leave it uncolored and only added color to the BG by blending distress inks. The sentiment is my own design. I created a "window",  cut with my silhouette cameo and I layered it over the blended BG. I finally added some splatters to add some interest.


Be sure to come play along with us at Time Out! We are sponsored by Happy Little Stamper and the winner will receive a $15 gift certificate.  We'd love to see you there!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful cards, Lynnn! I am charmed by the lovely colors, even the die cut background and the flowers! So lovely!!
xx Ashwini

Nonni said...

This is stunning, perfect elegant look for a Mother's Day card, I bet both mums loved their cards! I love blue too and the blue flowers look so so pretty to me! :) Hugs!

sandie said...

I love that lattice die and gorgeous sweet panels x

Hannelie said...

Wow Lynn! Your interpretation of my card made my heart skip a beat!
Amazing! Thanks for you kind words...It means a lot to me!
♥♥♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful cards, Hannelie's included, love the background lattice! Happy Mother's Day! xoxo

Gerrina said...

What a delicate pattern! And again the flowers on the first look great! Hugs, Gerrina

Happy Dance said...

I don't even have to guess; I just know that both mothers loved these gorgeous cards, Lynn. That lattice panel is tremendous! How gorgeous are those pastel panels behind them, and how gorgeous are those pretty little flowers??! Delightful cards! Love 'em!! Bev

~amy~ said...

Your cards are super lovely!

Karen B. said...

Oh how gorgeous are these? I adore how the lattice takes the cake, but accented with those sweet flowers!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards Lynn! The lattice background is marvelous!

Maureen said...

The flowers look perfect on that lattice background...what a grea design! Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day :). Ox

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the white lattice on the cream... fantastic look. Both florals look gorgeous. Wonderful take on the inspiration piece!

Marisa said...

Love the lattice BG and the one with the orange flowers is my favorite cuz I love me some orange :)

Bobby said...

That lattice die is fabulous, Lynn, and a perfect background for your lovely flowers.

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful Mother's day cards. The different colors give a totally different look to each card.

Susanne Vargas said...

Your cards looks so elegant and pretty! I am sure that they made both Mom's happy!

Anita in France said...

Love the softness of the white trellis against the creamy background, Lynn ... gorgeous with those wonderful blooms (in both colour combo's!). Hugs, Anita :)

Jill V said...

I love your take on the CASE card - those lattice backgrounds are so perfect with the pretty flowers! I'm sure both your mum and your MIL loved them!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Just awesome, a perfect CASE. I love the Lattice backgrounds and the soft colours. Jenny xx