Monday, February 13, 2017

Grace to Help in Time of Need


I have less than ten cards in my stash right now...yes crazy I know...so I've been making cards as I need them.  I actually bought one card over Christmas...can't remember how many years it as been since I did that!  Working to find the time to rebuild my stash vs. making as I go.

So this card is for a very tragic situation.  A prior co-worker and very dear friend of mine lost her daughter (in her mid 30s) suddenly last week to severe pneumonia. So upsetting to hear this news and my prayers are with my friend and especially her grandchildren.  My friend has a strong faith so I thought this verse from one my first Verve sets would convey a message of love and strength to her.  

I played along with CAS(e) this Sketch for my card.



12 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Lynn, your poor friend and her family! What a terrible loss. :-( I am sure she'll appreciate the beautiful card and sentiment.

Shirley A. said...

So very sorry to hear about your friend. This card will comfort her and let her know how much you care.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sad. I will keep the family in my prayers. Your card is just beautiful. One of my faves from you Lynn.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

A beautifully soft card with an uplifting sentiment for a sad time.

Karen B. said...

Oh what a tragic situation but a lovely card Lynn. I wish I could send you some of my card stash. I am overflowing!

Bobby said...

I'm so sorry that you have a need for such a card, Lynn. Losing a daughter has to be very difficult and I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness by making this lovely card.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, that's so sad! Very pretty take on the sketch!

Marisa said...

My heart breaks for that family...love that verse and how you used it on the card with the beautiful green along the bottom. Sure to touch her heart and let her know you care.

Jen W. said...

Oh, Lynn, such heartbreaking news! It seems so crazy that such a thing can even happen these days. Your card is beautiful and perfect for your friend.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Lynn, that is such tragic news my heart breaks for your friend This card is beautiful and I am sure that verse will bring her some comfort.

Hannelie said...

So sorry to read about the tragedy Lynn. You made a beautiful card for your friend. Love that verse and the way you used it for our sketch this week.
Thanks for joining us at CTS this week!

Lindsey said...

Tragic indeed! Oh, I'm so sorry! What a perfect way to provide a little comfort with a heartfelt gesture (card) and God's word.