Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Go Confidently


Happy Wednesday. How's your weekly rolling along?  My kids are happy that starting Friday their spring break starts and they are off Easter week.  Happy to have them home and not have any running around with various activities (with the exception of track practice for Jonathon!)

In the meantime, you're here for a card I'm sure.  Playing along with this week's funky sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch. This card is going to a friend who is starting a new job this week. Wishing him the best of luck as I know he'll shine. I use this Verve sentiment all the time. I love it!

And here's a question for you? Do you make most of your cards with someone in mind or do you like to create?  I'm probably 80% making with someone in mind and the other 20% to build up my stash of cards.

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love the dreamy colors and mix of borders. I usually make my cards with someone in mind, but sadly they hardly ever make it to the mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I love the way you stamped the borders! These colours remind me of the ones my sister and I picked out for our grandson's quilt yesterday! I think I'm the opposite, about 70% to build up the stash and 30% for someone in particular. However, the cards I sell at work are picked by my coworkers for someone in particular…I love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sentiment more with each use, Lynn ... gorgeous colors, for a fabulous card. Hmmm ... I'm thinking about your question ... I would say 65/35 but even when I'm just doing my daily crafting, I have someone in mind, or thoughts I'd love to convey ... does that make any sense at all?! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely create cards with someone in mind, more based off a challenge or a DT assignment. BUT, with that being said, I usually can find a card I made that fits a person I am giving it too! Your card is lovely, such soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for spring break and that it is a break for taxi mom too! Brooklyn is coming home Friday for Easter, so I am happy! Your card is perfect for the occasion and I love that Verve sentiment. When I make cards I am not as organized as I would like to be so usually it is for a challenge or build up my stash and 20% of the time it is because I have someone in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card and great use of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, especially that sentiment. Great for so many occasions. I normally make cards inspired by challenges and/or just wanting to use certain supplies. Most are for my stash, but about 20% of the time, I have a recipient in mind. Good question.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour combo and card. I think I make more for my stash and DT's than a person in mind, but love having a stash I can sift through to find the right card that matches the person I want to give it to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always rock that sentiment and I love how you used the sketch! Mostly I just create unless I'm doing special order cards for clients. I'm terrible at making cards to use myself!

    ReplyDelete