Monday, November 10, 2014

Peace on Earth


Happy Monday...the last five days or so have been a whirlwind...Pat's surgery had to be rescheduled due to a small infection on his knee (hoping he can have it this Thursday if it all clears) and life with four kids has been busier than the normal busy.  There are days when I have to remind myself that I although I have four kids there are new experiences all the time and we're all learning as we go.   So...reminding myself to relax (and some days those reminders are better than others).

I did have time to watch most of the videos from the Holiday Card class and had a couple hours after dinner on Saturday night to make a few cards.  I loved Debby Hughes card from day one and this one is inspired by her. The gold stripes are made using Versamark and gold embossing powder. Love them!

The card below is inspired by Laura Bassen's card on Day 4, but in no way does her amazing style justice!  This is a very, very simple masked card using yummy Verve stamps.




20 comments:

Hannelie said...

I just LOVE your work Lynn!
Two very beautiful creations!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful projects... and life is always reminding us that we don't always know what's in store... I just had the realisation that I'm going to have to miss my am workouts when Dan's out of town... eek (he's gone for 2 weeks!).

Barb said...

I love them both, Lynn! Beautiful work!

Hope you can keep yourself calm and relaxed - I know that's not easy with four, busy boys and a hubby who still needs surgery. Hope it all goes well - I'll be thinking of you! ♥

Cindy C. said...

Both wonderful cards Lynn!! Wishing you all the best with your hubby's upcoming surgery!!

Kay Miller said...

Oh these cards are just stunning Lynn! Both so soft and lovely! I hope things settle down for you and the surgery goes well. (Hugs) :)

sandie said...

amazing tag card Lynn-love those embossing stripes x

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations, dearie!!

Marisa said...

Adore the first one! cut tag with stripes and splatter - fabulous. Great CAS card too. Hope life slows down a bit for you ((hugs))

Darnell said...

Your cards certainly DO do justice to the inspiration artists, Lynn! I love them both!!

I'm sorry to hear Pat's surgery had to be put off. That's always a PITA all the way around. I hope it goes smoothly on Thursday! I can hear you calmly saying to your menfolk: "Everybody just breath." Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Lynn, these are both such gorgeous cards ... fabulous touches of green with those yummy gold stripes ... love the soft subtle look of those magical snowflakes! So pleased you got chance to make and share them ... especially amid all the busy-ness! Anita :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so beautiful!

~amy~ said...

Hang in there Lynn!!!!!

Both of your cards are wonderful!

Bobby said...

I totally understand busy-ness and am glad you had some time to make these wonderful cards, Lynn. And take the OCC. I should have signed up.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn I hope that everything is a go for Thursday, I am sure this is stressful for you and Pat!No question the four boys are keeping you hopping! Two gorgeous cards today, your gold embossing is perfect and I love the soft shading! ~hugs

Sarah G said...

Love both of these, Lynn! Such great colours - love the snowflake panel on the second and stripes on the first. I hope things calm down a bit and the surgery goes well - life does seem to accelerate over Nov and Dec :)

Gerrina said...

Two beautiful cards! Love the colour and crisp design on the first and (ofcourse) I love the masking and inking on the second! Have fun with the classes!

Unknown said...

Yay! Love to see what you've created inspired by the OCC class! They are both fabulous!!

Joyce said...

Both of your cards are just gorgeous. It looks like a fantastic class.

Kara said...

so pretty! love the bit of splatter!

Deepti said...

These are so soft and serene :) love them !