Monday, July 14, 2014

May You Be Blessed {and lots of Oliver pics}



I'm having a love affair with gray right now so when I saw the inspiration photo over at Verve I knew I had to play along and use gray as my neutral with the red.  When I get new stamps, I keep them on my desk until I've used them at least once if not a few times. So, the Verve Be Blessed set was itching to be used for this card.  I took Julee's cue from her card here where she stamped some of the floral images on card stock before die cutting the leaves. I love the combination of red, white and gray together.  And...yes...this is one of my go to layouts :).
We spent the last week at Oliver with the boys. They had an absolutely fabulous time and the performance was great. It is amazing what they can put together in five short weeks.  They are a bit exhausted though.  Marcel slept in until after noon on Sunday when I had to wake him up to get ready for their last performance. He's normally a fairly early riser so he needed the sleep :). Here's a few pictures. We're so lucky to have family close by that can come by to see the show.

 Jonathon (in Fagin's gang) and Marcel as an orphan/workhouse boy. I loved those argyle socks and knickers.  So cute!

Lots of family came to see the show (we're missing Will/Uncle Tim who came too).  Unfortunately the shows sold out so a few family members couldn't make it.

And the best part...making new friends.  Love how the boys connected with so many of the kids in the cast.
They're both ready to do it again next year!  Our whole family will be singing the songs from Oliver for quite some time.

PS Collin was there too...but has hit the age where he doesn't want his picture taken...

21 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, do I ever love this post, Lynn! What a treat for your whole family to be able to enjoy seeing Marcel and Jonathon in a play! They look soooo cute! Such a great experience for the two of them!

Love your gorgeous card too! That color combo really is beautiful! ♥

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I didn't know kids had the option of not having their photo taken? (Gasp, what's a photo crazed mother to do?). Beautiful card, the grey was a great choice.

Sue Lelli said...

I am in LOVE with this card, the flowers, the colors, the design! I also LOVE all of the photos! YOU are Blessed today and always! You should send this card to yourself!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this card, the colors, the flowers, the design! Perfect. I think I love the pictures more though. :) Thank you for sharing. xo

Marisa said...

Adore your card! Gorgeous use of those flowers and colour combo! Great photos of the boys too. Kids did Oliver as a school four years ago and it was great to see the entire school pull together. So glad they have this opportunity. It is such a bonding time and one that brings memories for years to come :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn I just love the photos and thank you for sharing them with us--what a treat. The costumes are fantastic and your boys look great all dirtied up! ;) What a fabulous event for the whole family! Yes I love your card too but your boys stole the post!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fab card--- LOOOOOOOOOVE those flowers and the brads--- WOWZA! AMAZING:)

No wonder you were busy this weekend! LOVE the photos of your kids!! Esp those socks and knickers! I'm sure the show was AMAMAMAMAMAZING! And how lucky that they had family come visit--- that's awesome:)

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Love, love, love the red and grey!!! Plus those photos are fantastic too :)

Carole said...

love the card great colours x

Maureen said...

what a great experience! I'm sure Marcel was fast friends with everyone on the first day! LOVE the colours on this card and your go to layout ;) Those flowers are yummy!

Sara Mac said...

Fantastic card Lynn! I love gray with red -- so classic. All those photos of Oliver and the family are wonderful. What a great experience and memory for the boys.

Bobby said...

What wonderful pictures of your young performers. I'm sure you were proud as punch. I can see why you love the grey and red combo. It's makes such a lovely card.

Diane Jaquay said...

Great pictures, Lynn, it looks like everyone had a wonderful time :) I love your card, the flowers are gorgeous and I love those colors together!

Jinny Newlin said...

How fun! Such happy pics! You have so much to be proud of, Lynn. And I just love this palette to bits! I adore gray right now, too. It seems I'm trying to tie it into every room in my home in some way, but it's been easiest in Ezekiel's ;). Although, I am planning on it making an appearance in our kitchen, too. It desperately needs a HUGE makeover.

sandie said...

Red and grey, just perfect! And Oliver looks such fun. We saw it at the a West End and I sand the songs for ages afterwards...however I bet your guys rocked it. Your Mum looks fab!

Gerrina said...

I love the way you used the red and gray; so beautiful! And the pics; you can see the kids enjoyed themselves so much! Great to do something else and have so much fun! Hugs, Gerrina

Kay Miller said...

OH what fun photos! It sure looks like everyone had a lot of fun and the production was quite a success! Your card is stunning! I love the striped paper down the side. I might have to make this one of my go to sketches too! Love it!

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful card - loving gray too and it's perfect to go along with the red and white. Great photos also.

Deepti said...

The gray and the red look stunning :) gorgeous card and great pics !

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous card! Red and grey really make a fabulous combo. I love the subtle pattern on the leaves and are those brads I spy?? :)
And more gorgeous pictures of your boys looking so happy! They've all been so busy and July isn't even over yet!

Lindsey said...

Adore this card as well. I think I've said that about 4 or 5 times tonight, but I'm catching up on your posts and that's what I keep thinking. :) Loved all the Oliver photos. What darling boys you have! Oh, and your PS made me chuckle.