Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fusion: Happy Birthday


It's time for another challenge at Fusion!  When I saw this challenge, I immediately knew that I wanted to use my Verve poppies. I absolutely love that set.  I loved the red and stripes in the inspiration photo, but decided to make the colors a bit more neutral overall.  I'm happy with the bold yet elegant result. 

I would love to see how you are inspired to play along with us.


PROCEDURES:
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Our Rules Page before playing along.

Be sure to pop on over to Fusion and check out the fabulous cards by our design team!

WinnersWill be chosen by all of our teammates in two weeks! We each will choose one favourite! The winners will be announced at 4am (PST) in two weeks!! Please check the linky for the days left to play with us!

19 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

still drooling over those flowers :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh this is lovely!! That's a fantastic design! I love what you did with it!! Those flowers are gorgeous too!

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card...love how you were inspired by the sketch. The blooms are perfect!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn love your take on Fusion, I am so impressed with the trim on the big triangle. Those flowers are so pretty too! Happy 4th my friend!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Very stylish Lynn!

Maureen said...

those poppies are fabulous! I always love the pop of colour they provide. ox

Petra Swart said...

I love your card, Lynn!! Think I'm going to join in the fun at Fusion again!!
Have a lovely day!!
Greetings from Africa!!

Deepti said...

I was stunned when I saw this card earlier, I love the soft elegance of ur cards :)

Julia Aston said...

This is so cleanly elegant Lynn! love the layered blooms - and you got the V in! I can't seem to design with a V!!!??!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great take on the challenge! Such elegance is totally right! Yum! And the pops of color, against your neutral stripes, are perfect!

Joyce said...

Absolute stunning take on the challenge. No point for me to play along right now--I want to make exactly what you made. That large v-shape--so striking.

sandie said...

Gorgeous flowers Lynn and so perfect with this colour of stripe x

Virginia L. said...

So beautifully done! I love how you make this sketch card so effortlessly!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Lynn! I love it!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch! Love the pop of colour with the poppies. Forgot to with you Happy 4th of July on your other post - brain is a bit waterlogged after a day at the water slides yesterday LOL! Mind you I was last person standing - burned out 4 teenagers and one husband :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous!

Nonni said...

Very stylish card! No wonder you love these stamps! xxx

Betty Wright said...

I just love the simple elegance of this! Beautiful!