Friday, May 23, 2014

Festive Friday: Dashing Through the Snow


Oh la la!  Check out this inspiration photo for this week's Festive Friday challenge. There is a ton to be inspired by for your Christmas cards.  At first I wanted to create using the trees on the pillow, but changed my mind when I saw the reindeer on the table.  I decided to stamp grey on kraft and do a touch of embossing.  At first I had the snow hill without it filled it and then I remembered that I had a Wink of Stella pen.  I went a bit crazy with it filling in the snow hill!

I'd love to see how you are inspired.  Please pop on over to the Festive Friday blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration of the design team!

14 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Gray on kraft ... that's so awesome!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfection, Lynn!

Ardyth said...

Love that you chose the deer element to focus on - the pops of red make it feel very festive!

Sue Lelli said...

OMG! I LOVE the snow! FAB card!

Kay Miller said...

Well, I must be the only one who just saw the tree! haha! Love your take on the inspiration photo Lynn! The reindeer stamped in grey on the kraft is wonderful!!

sandie said...

Love that sentiment and the rounded edges make for an interesting design x

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a beautiful card Lynn!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely scene with the deer Lynn!

Joyce said...

Love your little scene. Winter seems like a breath of fresh air right about now, as we head into the heat of the summer.

Marisa said...

Great insp. photo and love your take on it. Lovely scene you created on the card. Have a great weekend :)

Virginia L. said...

I love the mix of colors and textures on this card! It looks like your Lemonade stand is such a hit with the cute boys of yours selling lemonade! I saw those FB photos! They make me smile :)

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the beautiful deer, very inspired take on the photo, Lynn!

Maureen said...

Those little reindeer are the sweetest! I love how they look on kraft, so subtle...and then the pop of red! Hope your long weekend continues with more fun today! ox

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely Lynn, I like the red border!!