Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fusion: Happy Birthday Friend


It's time for another challenge at Fusion!  Don't you love all the fabulous primary colors in the inspiration photo and the fun chevrons?    I loved both the sketch and the inspiration photo so took a cue from both of them on making my card below.  I'm making a conscious effort to try and use some of my stamps that haven't seen much ink. Both the PTI sets used on this card fall into that category! I rarely make square cards, but the sketch was shouting for a square card!  How about you? What inspires you?

PROCEDURES:
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Our Rules Page before playing along.

Be sure to pop on over to Fusion and check out the fabulous cards by our design team!

WinnersWill be chosen by all of our teammates in two weeks! We each will choose one favourite! The winners will be announced at 4am (PST) in two weeks!! Please check the linky for the days left to play with us!

20 comments:

Gerrina said...

Wow, you are bussy on thursdays! A card that is perfect for a male. Love the text-banners! Hugs, Gerrina

~amy~ said...

super FUN Lynn!

Maureen said...

the music notes make me want to get up and dance! So fun! ox

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card Lynn, very creative take on the sketch! These two sets remind me of you because you helped me put them into my cart on release night! Mine haven't seen ink!

Julia Aston said...

Love the music in the background Lynn - it's like the card is singing a song!!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME take on the theme and sketch! I adore that Chevron background with your banner sentiment! The stamped music notes are wonderful touches, too! You do BEAUTIFUL work , my friend!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fun sketch and inspiration piece for this one! Love your interpretation, Lynn!

Bobby said...

I don't often do square cards, either, but this looks great. I love the tweed background and the building block sentiment.

Deepti said...

I love those music notes idea :) ur pick of the colors is always fabulous !

Michelle said...

Love this card, Lynn! In your musical family, I can see you may need a whole set of these! :-)

Cathy Weber said...

I love the musical background Lynn and the cute little sentiment banners. It kind of reminds me of singing Happy birthday...with those notes peeking out from behind.

Lindsey said...

I love this fusion challenge and your card is superb. I totally felt the same way Cathy did with the music notes and the birthday song. It makes me smile.

Kelly Griglione said...

Love it, Lynn! Especially since it's a fusion, yet it doesn't immediately look like either the photo or sketch. Fun, fun!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely, the musical notes in the background so great!!!

sandie said...

I love those little notes at the back. I think Fusion is becoming one of my fav challenges and I didn't used to be into it really, bit every challenge so far I have loved...I have an idea for this already xx

Katie Ann Brooks said...

wonderful job with the sketch girl, LOVE your card!

Joyce said...

Love your card--especially those musical notes in the background. And, good for you for using sets that haven't seen much ink. I have a few in that category...

Nonni said...

Very fun card! I love the squareness (I bet that's not a word, is it!?!) and obviously the music theme is to my liking. :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You totally need to pull out that PTI set more often, great card.

Unknown said...

Love how you "flipped" the design and all the PTI you used!