Monday, October 21, 2013

Merry Christmas and {How to Pitch}

Happy Monday...it's time for a new week!  I'm popping in to share a card inspired by this week's CASE Study challenge.  I love the rustic feel of the card and of course, I love the color combo.  My card features the new WPlus9 stamps. I'm going to get a ton of use out of these wreath stamps.  Absolutely love them!

I also wanted to share a little note we found in Marcel's backpack.  Marcel LOVES baseball.  This spring early in the season he told Pat he wanted to pitch. Candidly, he couldn't pitch...he could barely catch the ball.  Up until this point, he never asked to practice and was happy for baseball to be a social event which in our eyes is great.  No need for competition when you're seven!  But...a few weeks into the season, he was motivated to learn to pitch. He asks Pat to throw to him, catch with him...you name it, he wants to practice it if it relates to baseball.  Needless to say, he is a much better hitter and overall player.  He doesn't get it over the plate quite enough to pitch yet, but with the amount of practice he is putting in it won't be long. We thought this note in his backpack was absolutely adorable. It reads, "How to Pitch.  1.  Put your leg back. 2. Put ball up  3. Then throw it.  4.  Then hold yourself up.  5.  You put your left leg down."  So sweet.  I'm sure he'll be pitching soon!

PS His spelling is actually pretty good...not in this note though :)!
 
 
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lynn! And gorgeous note by Marcel! I love the little notes I find written by my girls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card! love the little how to pitch note! so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wreath! And what a fab note-he listens to his Dad x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Lynn! What a cute note.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wreath is so delicate and your card the perfect companion!
    Oh how I wish my 2 daughters were still so small. Treasure those times... because before you know, they will all be grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww....such a sweet story and note!

    Love your card, that wreath is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww - I love hearing how motivated Marcel is about learning how to pitch - good for him! :)

    Your card is so pretty, Lynn! I just ordered a wreath stamp and die set from WPlus9 - I'll be using it lots too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super gorgeous card and I just adore the pitching instructions. ;) I'm going to have to remember those for when my boys need me to pitch to them. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable! He must be learning how to write instructions in class and his message is clear and concise! I love kid writing! Gorgeous wreath and the colour blocking at the top packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, and what a sweet note by your son. Oh, the days when my girls were seven and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the wreath image and card :) Marcel is just too cute for words! Precious, precious memories for a mama's heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all: that card is stunning! Love the warmth it emits!
    Second: what a sweetie Marcel is. That note is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card for CASE Study, I love that wreath. Your Marcel story is so precious. It is probably better that we don't live too close or I might eat him up! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully CAS Christmas card. Love the colors you've chosen, and that wreath is lovely. Aren't little boys precious?!! Your son's 'instructions' remind me of a Mother's Day card my oldest made for me about the same age. It's quite funny/humorous. This one's definite keeper. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Lynn, I am looking forward to seeing more of that wreath, it's wonderful! Little Marcel is just adorable too, I wish him all the best with his baseball dreams ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh, this is so beautiful and classic Lynn! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete