Monday, August 19, 2013

You Are Appreciated {and more England photos}


It's time for a new week. Candidly, I was ready for the weekend to be a bit longer, but off to work we all most go as the new week starts today!  Yesterday, I had a ton of fun creating.  I found these 3" x 5" Stampin' Up note cards in my stash and had a great time making a lot of card sets.  So...today you're seeing the first of the card sets inspired by this week's CASE Study Challenge.  I love that Jennifer McGuire is doing videos each week too.  She did a lot of masking on her wreath and placed the flowers a lot closer together.  I decided to space out my elements a bit more (because don't tell...I'm quite often too lazy to mask...)

I have more England photos to share with you this week.  For the next few days, we stayed with my cousin, Rob, his wife, Lisa and their daughters, Chloe and Holly. The kids got along fabulously and we had a great time.  Rob and Lisa rented a sailboat for the day and to say it was amazing was an understatement. The day started off rainy and cool, but after lunch it was an absolutely stunning day.  We sailed over the Isle of Wight. We had a pub lunch and were back on the sailboat.  Our skipper was amazingly patient with all of us as we learned to sail. Collin was in pure heaven.  He got to steer a lot and loved every minute of it.

The bottom right pictures are from the BBQ the night before.  My Uncle Danny is the master chef at the BBQ!
 

18 comments:

  1. Oh how I love the colors and the brightness of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous, striking colors! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet note cards Lynn! And what a fun collage of photos, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have taken so many pictures on your trip Lynn, all that you have shared are fantastic! Beautiful card for CASE Study, love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, dearie!! Awesome photos too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos!! Love your little wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving these photo collages! You really did England BIG time and did a year's worth of fun in 2 weeks! Too tired to mask? Ah, my mantra...I think that's why I don't do many techniques! LOL I will be sharing your Monday pain in a couple of weeks ;) I'm thinking the boys are in school soon if not today? ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness, I'll bet that day was one you and the kids will never forget - what a fabulous memory for all of you! Love the photo collage!

    Your card set is beautiful - love that you kept it simple with one layer stamping - beautiful bright colors too, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those colours - they just make me happy :) Darling wreath too. Always love looking at your pictures. You definitely took full advantage of your time overseas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color choice!!! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your London photos and LOVE your sweet bright card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how it looks with more spaces - a very cool graphic look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the challenge and I LOVE the trip pics! That sounds like such an awesome vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the colors of your wreath! It's absolutely delightful! What's not to love about your London trip? You had even gone sailing!! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love making these simple card sets! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like so much fun Lynn!
    Love your card set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO pretty! great colors! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great little card set for the CASE Study challenge! LOVE those little SU cards! And your pics are still fabulous! Looks like the trip of a lifetime, and I just love that you got to see so much family!

    ReplyDelete