Monday, August 12, 2013

Madeleine and Elizabeth {plus England Day 3}

This Saturday, my niece, Elizabeth, is off to Ohio State University for her first semester in engineering.  I'm really proud of her and I'm sure she'll continue to be incredibly successful. So, I made the card below for her to send to her during her first week away.  It was inspired by the current CASE Study challenge.


The following week, my niece, Madeleine, goes off to New York for her Michael Kors internship.  She'll be living with five other girls who are also interning in design.  I can't wait to here about her time there.  The card below will be mailed off to her when she is in New York.  As she has finished up summer school, she has been posting pictures of her work on Facebook and Instagram.  I know I'm biased, but she is incredibly talented.   Madeleine's card is inspired by the current Runway Inspired Challenge. 

 I'm sharing more England pictures too.  One of my favorite parts of the trip was Marcel holding my hand.  He holds my hand at home, but he held someone's hand the entire trip.  About a week into the trip, I told Marcel that I loved how much he was holding my hand.  His response, "Well Mommy, I wouldn't want to get lost in England.  You'd have to take a lot of days off work from Paycor if I got lost." My sweet little confident guy was a bit nervous being in a different place.  Here he is below walking with Jonathon.
 For our third day in England, we went to the Tower of London.   The boys absolutely loved the armor and were very fascinated by being in a real castle.  Of course, there were funny moments too.  Take a look at the top middle picture.  Marcel didn't understand why the guard of the crown jewels wouldn't smile at him.  Of course, when we said where we were going, Collin wasn't thrilled about the idea of going to a museum.  Half way through the armor where the boys loved all the swords, etc, Marcel says to Collin, "So Collin, you liking this museum now?"  Collin's response, "Yes."  followed by a swift punch in Marcel's arm and a smile.  Ryan isn't in any of the pictures as he was off shopping with his cousins.

That night we took at speed boat tour on the Thames.  It was James Bond inspired and absolutely awesome.  Since we had been on the bus tour and to the Tower of London already we opted for all speed instead of speed and a tour. Ryan, Elizabeth, Beth and my cousin, Keith, met up with us. It looked like it was going to rain heavily, but we dodged the rain and had an awesome time.  I think you can tell by the smiles that we loved it!

 

22 comments:

  1. Firstly I love hoe you have striped the Case Study card down to this fab CAS design and the pink bow-gorgeous. I so wished I had joined you on the James Bond boat. I have to do that. And are you trying to be a model with your hair flying in the wind......you pull it off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and two great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect cards for the girls - crisp and graphic for the engineer and a gorgeous bow for the designer!

    Loving the England pics. It looks like you guys had an amazing time! Love that close up picture of you on the boat - you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos of your trip to London. I treasure the moments when my boys were younger and would hold my hand too. Now I have 2 grandsons that still like to hold my hand and I'm grateful for that.

    Both cards are wonderful Lynn. I'm really enjoying arrows lately . . . I'll have to see if I can make a card with some soon. The large pink bow on the other card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome post...love both of the cards...the girls are going to love them!!!!

    Your pictures are wonderful and I love the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are lovely Lynn. I am enjoying your pictures from your trip...really great pics and truly tells your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nieces are so lucky to have such a talented auntie! :)
    The bow on the card for Madeleine is simply divine! So well suited to a gal off to NY to work for Michael Kors!
    OK. I seriously need to get on that speed boat tour. That looks like so much fun!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and great cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best photos of your trip - my favorite day so far! You've got memories for a lifetime, Lynn - amazing and so fun!

    Love your cards too - that first one is so perfect for Elizabeth! And your second card is such a beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous and perfect cards for your nieces--they will LOVE them and good luck to both of them! I am enjoying your photos so much Lynn! Loving the sweet little stories too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thoroughly enjoying my coffee in my Ohio mug, reading about your trip. Marcel continues to crack us up! You did all the things I hope to do when we eventually go! LOVE the cards for your talented and smart nieces. The pink bow is perfect and very fashion forward! Are you back at work today? :( I hope not :) ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy looking at your cards, you are so talented and a constant inspiration, and I'm enjoying your lovely pictures as well. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like you are having a great summer. Awesome pics from your England trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards, Lynn, and I had so much fun scrolling through your blog to see your England photos. What a FUN vacation you had, and how great that you got to see family too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards Lynn and more amazing is the post, the fact that you shared these lovely pics from England :)looks like you had a great vacation

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet of Marcel! My big kiddo still does that, too, and I LOVE it! So many fabulous memories here, girl! Can't wait to see how you showcase them ;). And two, fabulous cards for your nieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards to celebrate fabulous milestones Lynn :)
    You look like you all had a fantastic time in England - can I see some scrapbooking in your future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards for Elizabeth and Madeline! The RIC card is perfect! I love the ribbon treatment with hte pattern paper and pink card stock! Your photos brought back my time in London in 2010! We almost took the same shots of photos! I adore Marcel...what a sweet and responsible guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love hearing about your boys, they sound so much like my own. :) Super amazing photos. I hope you had a WONDERFUL trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lynn, that soft pink bow is one of the best bows ever!!! It takes this card to another level! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That huge pink bow totally caught my eye and I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete