Friday, August 30, 2013

Back to School!


Hello my friends, I'm popping in with a card for this week's CASE Study.  I loved the graphic nature of Jennifer's inspiration card.  I stamped this before work yesterday very quickly.  I love sneaking in a little inky time! I may pop back for another card for this weekend as I'd like to watch the video Jennifer posted with her cards this week.

I also wanted to share a few pictures from the first day of school this week.  All of the boys were very happy to start back to school.  When I woke Marcel up he said, "Mommy, mommy!  What day is it?  Please tell me it's the first day of school!"  Not sure he'll be saying that when he gets older but I'll take it for today. The boys head out the door in two shifts:  Ryan at 6:45; Jonathon at 7:00; Collin and Marcel at 7:50.  Thus, Ryan and Jonathon's pictures are in the dark {and inside/behind the house as we may be too cool to snap photos in front of the house where their friends can see them}.  Ryan got his license about two weeks ago.  He doesn't have a car to drive to school, but he was determined he wasn't going to ride the bus so he drove with a friend for the first day of school.  Jonathon has grown like crazy this summer.  He's officially passed me in the height department (not that 5'1" is tall by any means), but I think he'll end up being taller than Ryan.  They are wearing the same shoe size now and Ryan has taken over the Sperry Topsiders that I bought for Jonathon.  It made me laugh that in some of the other pictures Ryan put his arm around Jonathon and Jonathon wanted nothing to do with it.  Marcel tried to do the same thing with Collin and Collin wouldn't have any of it.  The youngest and oldest want to hug their brothers (on occasion), but not the middle two right now!  So here we go off for our 10th grade, 7th grade, 4th grade and 2nd grade years!

I had to share this close up of Marcel...I think this smile says it all about his personality.
And here's one with Ryan putting his arm around Jonathon.  Love this picture too...man oh man are they growing up fast!
They all four came home happy with their first day...and 3 out of 4 promptly took a nap.  Marcel was the only one who didn't.  The later summer nights caught up to them!


19 comments:

  1. I love your happy family!
    Beuatiful take on the Case study card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What handsome boys you've got. I'm glad to hear that they got off to a great start at school. Great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naps sound good to me! LOVE your take on the sketch and the rainbow stamping! PERFECT! LOVE the back to school photos! Great smiles on all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I'm pretty sure my (5ft 9inch) 9th grader will not let me take a photo on our first day back next Tuesday. Love these, and the stories behind them! Enjoy! Love your simple take on the card, too - great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and these great pictures of your boys! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic post Lynn! I love your CASE Study card so much--perfect. I especially love the pictures of your boys for the first day! So funny that Ryan would not ride the bus! Good for him. What Marcel said when he got up is just priceless, I wish that had the same enthusiasm for school always! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the image you used to create the pattern.

    We start after Labour Day and my daughter definitely doesn't want to go back as HS is very tough on her socially. She has some casual frineds but no really good friend yet and that is all she really wants. Poor girl, breaks my heart... I am so glad we have a great relationship and I can be her text buddy at lunch time :) My son starts HS this year and thankfully the two of them will share a locker (she got dumped by her friend for locker sign ups thus the two of them will share) and I can't believe I have two HSers and two teenagers now! Time really does go by waaaay too quickly!

    Just LOVE the pics of yoru handsome crew :) Marcel is just the cutest with that grin of his! You deserve to be a proud mama indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun take on Jennifer's card, Lynn - love it!

    Awesome pics of your beautiful boys! The stories remind me of my two - especially NOT riding the bus! :)

    They are all so handsome - I think Jonathon is the one that has definitely changed and grown the most over the summer. So glad you shared the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the fading colours with the strong sentiment. As always the boys look gorgeous and just a little bit cheeky! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pics just make me smile!! I just realized that our kids are so close in age. Of course I've got some girls in the mix so that just throws the train right off the track in the drama dept., but your boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just love the back to school pics! They really are growing up ever so fast, Lynn! So funny how there can be so many personalities in one family. Huh? My own, being the second of five kids, still astounds me. And I just love those open chevrons on your card today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on the inspiration card...so perfect!

    yahooo for a great first day! How do you do it all with 4 boys?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card Lynn! the chevron looks amazing at an angle!

    And look at the boys! I can't believe how grown up they all are! It is so fun to watch them grow up on your blog! :) School starts for us on Tuesday and I can't wait! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the verigated colour scheme on your card Lynn. So glad your boys had great first day of school - they sure are growing fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Lynn. Nice take on Jennifer's card.

    I love the pictures of your boys. And I love Marcel's smile. His smile is so warm and innocent.

    And I also love how Ryan puts his arms around Jonathan. How sweet! It says a lot of the elder brother :)

    And how cute is that they all took naps except the little one??!! :)

    I am so glad that I visited your blog. The pictures of your boys really made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup, pretty much the handsomest bunch of boys ever! Glad they all had a good first day and how cool that they're all happy to go!

    Love the cool graphic card - the yellow base was the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete