Thursday, June 6, 2013

CASE Study Guest Designer


Hello Friends! I was so excited when I got a note from Chupa asking me to be the Guest Designer for the CASE Study challenge.  There is a fantastic design team for this challenge, so I'm pretty honored to be guest designing for them.  Now!  Onto the challenge for this week!  Check out Lisa Spangler's inspiration card below.  If you are a Hero Arts fan, I'm sure you are familiar with Lisa's amazing work, but if not, be sure to pop on over to her blog as I have no doubt that you will be inspired.

I'll admit to the inspiration card stumping me for a little bit, but I kept going back to the colors and the free form of how the colors were applied.  So, I went for the color inspiration in a bit of a brighter hue and tried to add a touch of the graphic feel of the card.
I also thought I'd show you another card inspired by Lisa's card above.  This was the first card I made. I like it, but not quite as much as the one above! I don't color so I wasn't even thrilled with my scribbles over my embossed sentiment!
 I'd love to see how Lisa's card inspires you.  Come play along with us over at CASE Study!

Stamps for first card: CAS-ual Fridays Breathe
Second card:  Verve Take Note

28 comments:

  1. Yay f course they asked talented you
    K. Love these cards, both of them! Really like your take on TE first, it stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! I LOVE both of them...your scribbles are spot on and so cool over the embossed words :) I am over the moon thrilled to be hanging with you at CASE Study this month, bestie! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoot, whoot!! So excited for you and you did a bang upu job on the first CASE!! Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards! So happy to see you over at CASE study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great cards... and congrats for being GD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Lynn! Your cards are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are very creative! I specially like how you have utilized just the bottom half on your first card. That panel is quite an eye-catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have you hanging out with us this month, Lynn! High time as well :) Enjoy your time!
    (gorgeous cards!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two amazing cards and congratulations on the guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun....nice clean look.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! how exciting! I do love both of your cards! Such a fun inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the GD spot! Your cards are both really fun - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on the GD spot Lynn, two fab CASE cards... Love your choice of stamps on the first :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo, hoo! Yippee! Congrats to you, Lynn! I love BOTH cards! Wonderful use of Lisa's color scheme! Enjoy your time guest designing! I'm going to try and find some time to play along - so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE 'em both, Lynn, especially all the bright colors! I absolutely adore Lisa's work. She's got creative running through her blood ;). And a HUGE congratulation, my friend! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woot woot Lynn! Congrats on being this month's guest designer at CASE Study, I am so excited to play along with you. LOVE your card, actually both both the first one is my favourite with those fantastic swoops of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY so happy for you Lynn, congrats!! You did a fabulous job, both cards look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats, such great news and you deserve it! I love the splashes of colours and your first card inspired me to play along! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I'm so happy that you're joining us, Lynn! And looking at today's cards, I think you're gonna rock CASEing Lisa! ;D
    Great to have you on board with us, friend! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your Guest DT spot!
    I love both cards, Lynn! I love how you 'pumped up' the colors on both of them...thanks so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both of your cards so much Lynn! Just love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards are wonderful. Seeing the variety in your inspirations has given me one. I'd better get to it before I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love them! The first is my FAV....love the image and sentiment staked across!! co grata on guesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lynn, both of your cards are so cool...love how you changed the main images :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your gorgeous card, Lynn, and your take on the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Um....wow!! How do you keep coming up with these creative cards?

    ReplyDelete