Thursday, June 13, 2013

CASE Study Guest Designer - Week 2


Hello again...it's Friday Eve...can you see me doing a happy dance?  I'm back for my second week of guest designing at CASE Study!  Lisa has a gorgeous card for us this week. I love the subtle splash of patterned papers on her card and the perfect placement of the pearls.  My card above also shows how I was inspired by the soft embossing on Lisa's card.  I took a bit of a bolder image to emboss in the background and inked it up with Ranger Pumice Stone.  I die cut a few leaves and add a few pearls to finish off the design.

So what do you think?  Pop on over to the CASE Study blog to play along with us!

20 comments:

  1. Love this, Lynn! Gorgeous BG and the pattern on the leaves is wonderfu. Was to rock the GDT spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant case of Lisa's design, Lynn! Love those wonderful leaves against the yellow banner! You're doing an awesome job guest designing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background embossing and really like the distress ink over this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your background is just stunning! I love that it's bold but neutral. It's the perfect canvas for the splash of colour and the heartfelt sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Lynn! Love the background and your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo the background colours and pattern is gorgeous Lynn, I must try this technique too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous texture and the color. Love the layer of the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sophisticated design, Lynn!! It's so gorgeous! I love your added elements for this beautiful background! Happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! That Pumice ink is yummy! What a gorgeous background, and those gingham leaves are AMAZING! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn, your card is so soothing to the eyes! That background pattern is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Lynn! I love the gingham leaves and your background is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the bolder embossing and your focal point, Lynn! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also have this background stamp... you just showed me a beautiful way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gotta pull out that background stamp, looks awesome embossed.

    ReplyDelete