Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Jonathon!


Today is my beautiful brown eyed boys 12th birthday!  We celebrated a few days early with his friends over the weekend.  Kept it simple with pizza, ice cream cake and a sleepover.  Thankfully it was a nice weekend so the boys had fun running around outside.  Oh how I love my Jonathon - he was my quickest delivery - 10 days early and a very fast arrival.  My water broke at 9 pm and he was born by 10:30...my only natural delivery!  I love the beautiful, sensitive young man that he is growing into each year.
 

Tonight, we'll celebrate again with his grandparents too.  A very easy dinner at Skyline Chili - his choice!  And...he'll be extra happy to have a five day weekend to follow.

His birthday card is inspired by this week's CASE study challenge.  I loved the simple design and the grid background.   I'm using Karen Baker's fabulous stamps for this card and the similar Christmas card below. 

17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Jonathon!!! Lynn, his card is amazing - love the grungy harlequin on the checked background. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 12th, Jonathon! Love the the grid paper with the diamonds. Great card and I hope you guys have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to the young Man! This is such a cool Birthday card for a guy and good idea to use it again as Xmas card-see non traditional colours! Have a great time tonight and love to the gang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They grow up so fast, don't they?! Happy Birthday to your boy!!!!!

    Awesome card...it's perfect stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute birthday boy. Love your birthday card with the grid and the diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cute photos, Lynn! Can't believe you still have leaves on your trees - looks like a gorgeous day! Big Happy Birthday wishes to Jonathon! Love your beautiful cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the perfect card for your wonderful boy :) Wow, that is an easy birth...Jake's was too! Maybe that's why they are so calm? Please tell him I said "happy cake and candles." :) Okay, so is Skyline Chili the restaurant the place to get Skyline Chili? I need the recipe again (if you don't mind...I keep losing the original) as I want to make it again with a chili substution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 12th Birthday Jonathon! What a fantastic card you created, I think the blues are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your little guy :) Wishing him a great year! Darling card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Jonathon! I love the simple card that you made for him. So perfect for a young man. Enjoy the birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, Jonathon! Sounds like a blessed birthday! And such great cards to boot! LOVE that diamond pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a birthday party that would go over well in our house...pizza, ice cream cake and a sleepover! :) With every birthday that comes and goes with my boys, I realize, once again, how quickly they are growing up!!
    His birthday card is perfect! Love the grid BG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Jonathon! Great photos! Your eyes are beautiful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card. And that stamps set is so good for masculine cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My boy lovin' clean and simple heart adores this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my oh my oh my! What a wonderful use of this set!!! Absolutely perfect boy card and some really awesome colors for a holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww! Happy birthday Jonathon! You probably feel like I did when Ian turned 12 a few weeks ago, where have the last 12 years gone? :( It really does feel to me like 2000 was yesterday! Awesome card! Love that diamond pattern and the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete