Monday, October 8, 2012

Marcel's Birthday and Christmas Inspiration: Day 1


A quick shout out before I get to my post for today....there is some AWESOME excitement brewing over at CAS-ual Fridays!  Be sure to pop on over to enter for a chance win an amazing price...hmmm...can't wait to share the excitement with you on the 19th!

Happy Monday!  We had Marcel's party on Saturday with his cousins and a few friends.  It was perfect.  Saturday mornings are "Munchkin Madness" time at Laser Kraze...so the place was not crowded and the kids that were there were Marcel's age or just a little older!  He had a great time with his friends celebrating!  Can you tell by his smiles? :)

After the party this weekend, I had a lot of time to create on World Card Making Day...between the cards I made Saturday and publication rejects...I have a lot of Christmas cards to share with you from now through Thursday.  When I get my PaperCrafts magazines, I love to mark which cards inspire me. Sometimes it is the layout...other times the colors.  So...for several of the cards this week, I'll let you know which page/card maker in the magazine inspired me!  The top card was inspired by Katie Gehring's card on page 52 of Holiday Cards & More.

My second card was created from my own head :)  I love the preppy feel of the card.  Yes I'm a seventies girl that loves preppy clothes!  Hope your week gets off to a fabulous start!
 

18 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow gorgeous creations. I love these.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

sandie said...

heh preppy chic! Just adore card 2-your head is not so bad then!! Love the blue with the red and what a gorgeous bug sentiment, really stands out.
Oh and the party looks a lot of fun but I just don't get where you get all that energy from..maybe 'cos you aren't doing enough running (hehe!!)

~amy~ said...

I can't wait to find out what the scoop is with the new Little Sister blog!

Looks like mr. marcel had a wonderful birthday..hey, no girls playing laser kraze? I don't blame them:)


Both of your cards are wonderful...the first one is so cute with all the different colors and finished off with the twine. The 2nd card..wahooo for preppiness!!!!

Barb said...

Can't wait to hear the news over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Love both cards, Lynn! Your pink and blue snowflakes are so fun, and that second card is gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing some pics of Marcel's b-day - he is sooo cute! Brings back great memories of my boys and laser tag - gosh those days were a blast! Have a good week! :)

The Paper Parade said...

It looks like Marcel had an awesome birthday party! And whoo hoo for getting two Christmas cards knocked out of the way. I love that you used Paper Crafts for inspiration and that you compared your second card to the 70s! hehehe

Jinny Newlin said...

Such fun pics! LOVE all the smiles ;)! And your cards are scrumptious! I don't know why, but I especially love that classy, little strip of red cardstock in the second. And the color palette of the first is ever so fun!

Maureen said...

I really need to get that issue! Love the twine and button on the first and the pop of red strip on the second! I always forget that the US also has a holiday today (well, banks and schools, right? Like us?). You guys get the best holidays! I really think our Thanksgiving day should be a 4 day weekend! I knew Marcel would have a great day...how could he not?

Anonymous said...

The pictures are cute - looks as if they had a ball. Love both cards!!!!

Chunyuan said...

looks like Marcel had a fun party. Great cards. love the second one a lot.

Marisa said...

Laser tag is sooo much fun. I even jumped into a game with my son's birthday party a few years back LOL! What can I say, I'm a mama that is still a big kid at heart and love a little competition wink, wink :)

Such a fun snowflake card!! Love the various images and colour combo. Very classy and elegant second card!

Enjoy your day off!

Laurie said...

I love these! Those pink snowflakes are perfect! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

Marcel is such a cutie:) LOVE these both, crazy about the holiday cheer one! :) You are going to have a ball at that scrap weekend, I bet! :)

Karen B. said...

Such a sweet face he has! Wow, your Christmas cards are amazing, I especially like the touch of blue in each!

pamela said...

Oh I love the second card! The scripted JOY is very fitting for christmas!

Jen W. said...

I collect a lot of inspiration but always forget to go back to it. Must get better about that...

I'm really loving all the unexpected colours you're using on your Christmas cards this year. They're awesome!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcel party looks like a hit Lynn! Yes the smile tells the whole story. LOVE both of your cards Lynn, the design of card two is fabulous.

Aimes said...

Taking notes for my Christmas stamping! Love the preppy card - so CAS and fab!
Marcel looks super happy - I see the candles on the cake were to his specification!
Hugs!
x

Suzanne said...

So stunning, Lynn! And I just LOVE your sweet giraffe card below. I am so inspired by you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCEL!