Monday, August 27, 2012

Inspired by Dana (and patterned paper for sale!)



Happy Monday!  As this blog is live, my house is waking up (the first time in a few months than more than just me is getting up this early) and getting ready for the first day of school.  All of the boys seem ready with a few tears coming from one yesterday. Normal worries, but worries about who will be in their class, etc.  Breaks my heart to see him nervous, but we'll get through it together as we always do.  And, I was thrilled that he shared his worries with me.  So big hugs, pictures in front of the house and pictures on the side (where their friends can't see...how could I want a picture when they are this old?!) and of course kisses too.  Off we go today for the first day of school.

My card today is inspired by Dana.  I'm playing along with the CASE Study Challenge to case another player.  How fun it was to look through the gallery.  I loved this fun CAS couch with the retro pillow. Dana is so talented, be sure to pop over to her blog to check out her creations!

And if you've made it to the bottom of this post, I have two packs of patterned paper for sale.  There are over 25 8 x 8 sheets of paper and over 55 sheets of patterned paper. They are full sheets many double sided from the following paper packs:
  • PaperTrey Ink Damask Designs
  • October Afternoon 5 & Dime
  • Simple Stories Happy Days
  • Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
  • Echo Park Splash
  • Basic Grey Little Black Dress
  • My Mind's Eye Six by Six Paris & Co
  • My Mind's Eye Six by Six Honey Lane
  • Crate Paper Snow Day
If you are interested in a pack, the cost is $10 which includes shipping in the US.  Please email me at lmangan@cinci.rr.com. 


 

25 comments:

  1. awesome take on Dana's card...super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to the boys today. I really like how you've grounded the kleenex box. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the nervousness and excitement of that first day of school. Makes me smile! I hope they all had an amazing start.
    What a gorgeous CAS card! to perfection! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! such a cute card! fabulous CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable tissue box card, and wonderful take on Dana's, Lynn! Thanks for sharing First Day of School stories too. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny how the first day is so full of emotion. I always ask my students to write a sentence about how they feel on the first day and then we'll revisit that paper in June next year...they always laugh and wonder why they were so nervous...must be the scary Gr. 2 teacher! LOL Sweet cards...CAS perfection as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, do I ever remember the emotions of the first day of school! Aww, I hope they all have a wonderful day and that the first-day-jitters are all calmed by now!

    Love your sweet card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these cards Lynn, yours and Dana's. You rock CAS cards my friend. Tomorrow is the first day for us, a few jitters. My son going into grade 12 knows that I will be camera ready because that's what I do. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son just had his Senior pictures taken this weekend....sad that the youngest is alreay 18 and a senior....time flies...enjoy this time. Love all of your cards, always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card!! Love it :)

    My daughter has a hard time with the first day of school and last year's transition to HS was a horrible experience for her...poor thing lost 12 pounds in 3 months she was so stressed out! Thankfully everything finally settled down and yet I can sens her getting a nervous as we await the beginning of school after Labour Day. Thank goodness for cell phones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, shucks, Lynn! Your CASE is awesome!!
    My kidlets don't start school until next week but they wish they were starting today! Good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect case, right down to that little shadow, Lynn! Good luck to the boys! I'm sure they're home now, but I'm praying that they each had a blessed and exciting first day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, I love the card, Lynn :) It is so sweet! Great take on the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE card! LOVE the box of kleenex with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope their first day went great and that there were no tears AFTER school, that's even worse than beforehand! I hope first day of HIGH SCHOOL went exceptionally well (and that Mom was ok about it all!) I did ok, I didn't cry (in front of Ian) at all! ;) Thanks for your sweet comments, Lynn, I always wish we lived closer! I think we'd all have a grand time together:) *hugs*

    PS Darling cards, the chair one is SO adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that we both CASEd the same card, and way to go on using up your stash (making more room for new stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulosity!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How adorable is this?! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the tissue box, such a cute image for a get well card x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect CAS card and a great CASE! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Y'know I still get the nerves hitting me the night before we head back to school...and I work there! LOL!
    I hope all of your boys had a great first day and it went as smoothly as possible...!
    Fabulous CASE - I'm taking yet another note for my DP stash: paper piecing! I don't do it nearly enough!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study too!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eeek! Love that little tissue box! So darn cute!

    ReplyDelete