Monday, June 11, 2012

Courage


This weekend wins the crazy running around award with only a few minutes to sit down. But...thankfully last night I was able to hide in my craft room for a couple of hours to create.  After seeing this gorgeous card from Maureen, I decided I need to have a little shop over at Verve.  I absolutely adored this courage sentiment and quickly wanted to put it to good use.  Cristina told me about the fabulous masking paper from Eclipse and I hadn't had a chance to use it yet. I loved how Aimes masked off the banner on her card here instead of creating a layer and I decided to do the same.  I used Erin's favorite PTI Wine Die to create the banner mask, masked it off and then inked away with Ranger Distress Ink.  I then simply added the sentiment and the butterfly die and I'm ready to roll for this week's CASE Study challenge.  Have to say I'll be trying this layout again. I loved Joy's inspiration card below!
 

18 comments:

  1. Lynn it turned out so pretty! I love the texture you added to the tag, and the butterfly looks so realistic! I love the tag its on, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work with your masking Lynn. You are so right that sentiment is awesome. Fantastic card and I love your butterfly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the inspiration - love your idea to mask and sponge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your masking is awesome, Lynn! What a pretty take on Joy's card! Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! You're using them already! Love it! This quote really speaks to me too and the butterfly is the perfect image! Cool masking technique...it looks like 2 layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the greeny distress look and the mix with the butterfly. And yes that sentiment is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the Eclipse masking paper after Cristina recommended it, too! It's fabulous and I love how you masked a banner on to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fab card! And that sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful masking card you've create here :) NiCE!

    xoxo
    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your masked banner is so incredibly crisp! What a gorgeous effect, Lynn. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now way!??? That is masking? Wow, brilliant design and such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait, don't you know that I don't have that die! That's how I got started, obviously, but it was back ordered so I just had to improvise... Great card, the masking is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome masking, Lynn! I especially love that you picked that gorgeous shade of green for your background :)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous take! i love your masking idea, it is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete