Monday, May 21, 2012

My Gorgeous Niece


On Saturday, my niece, Elizabeth, had her junior prom.  My sister-in-law, Cindy, called to see if I wanted to stop by to see her when she got picked up by her boyfriend, Alan. I love, love, love my nieces.  And how fun is it to see them on such a special occasion.  As soon as I walked in, I could tell how excited Elizabeth was and she looked stunning.  Naturally beautiful she is.  So...lots of pictures to share.  I had to show off the back of her dress...but I love this picture.  She has a twinkle in her eye.  When she gave me that look I thought of her as a very little girl.  May that twinkle never go away!

Next up is her hair...how gorgeous is that up do!
A front view of such a gorgeous girl!  Her older sister, Madeleine, did her make up for her.  I love that her makeup is beautiful, but still very natural.

A snap shot with Collin...he came along for the ride (like the paint all over his Olympic shirt?!)  He wasn't quite sure what to make of Elizabeth!

My older brother, Neal...proud papa! 

Learning how to put on Alan's boutonniere!  I love the way he is looking at her.  They have been dating for a while and he is a really nice boy.  

And here's the happy couple...actually ready to get out of the sun...it was hot on Saturday.

What a special occasion...so glad that I could be there to see them!

Now if you've hung on this long, I do have a card for you!  My card is a CASE of a CASE for the CASE Study Challenge.   How's that for a sentence?  I loved Aga's card, but I also loved what Aimes did with her die on her card, so I tried to incorporate both.  I'm also entering this over on Moxie's Fab's Damask & Brocade Challenge.  Hope your week gets off to a great start!

24 comments:

  1. Such a nice post, so beautiful niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it is that you have lovely nieces to share experiences with as well, she is beautiful! Your card is as well, love how it matches her dress (probably not planned, but neat none the less!) The button is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you niece is gorgeous! I might just have to CASE your card...it's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful young lady! That dress is gorgeous on her and her make-up and hair are flawless. I love the softness of your card, it's beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures of your niece. That dress is gorgeous on her. Lynn, as always, your card is wonderful. Love the subtle colors you chose. That little green button gives the perfect pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous niece you have. She's like a movie star! Love your case of a case for case study, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I need a butterfly die... love the soft colors in the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so pretty! And she looks ever so happy! And your card is just beautiful! LOVE that layered, die cut butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wonderful photos of your niece and her date! Oh, the memories! Love your pretty card too, Lynn - the soft colors are fab and I adore that butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, what a fabulous dress! LOVE the back and your niece is gorgeous! What a handsome couple...I'm sure they had an evening to remember :) LOVE your CASE of a CASE of a CASE...teehee...love the cutout used in the cutout. I really need to try that :) It's our holiday Monday today...grey and rainy so I'm spending some inky time in the studio and then food shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her hair! (I want to get that for my wedding XD) I love the butterfly on your card... super pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your niece is gorgeous. Love her dress and her hair.

    Beautiful card as always. Great case of case study card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading about your family, Lynn!
    Gorgeous card! The patterned paper peeking out from behind the butterfly is such a stunning feature.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos of your niece, Lynn! It must have been fun to share in her excitement.
    Your card is so sweet! I love how you were inspired by Aga and Aimes, and the soft brocade looks amazing. Thanks for joining us again at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning young lady, her dress and hair are amazing :0)
    Gorgeous card, love the popped out die cut butterfly.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWww, she is beautiful :) Her dress is awesome! And she looks so happy in all the pics :) Love how the butterfly is cut to show the paper underneath and that cute sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's a true beauty for sure...and her dress is amazing. I love that color - it's one of my favorites! Your card is so sweet. The hint of pattern on the strip and around the edges is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She looks beautiful! I love her dress!!! :> So sweet that you stopped by to see her! :> I love your card today, it's almost as if you were inspired by her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous photos of your niece! That up do is outrageously pretty!

    What a beautiful card, love how the butterfly looks like it is lifting right off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your niece is soooooooooooo beautiful! And so is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your niece looks so beautiful and the dress is quit the stunner, too! Sweet card! Love the brocade pattern peeking from behind the butterfly die cut. Have a fabulous week, Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Nieces dress that color was BEAUTIFUL on her!! THANKS for sharing!! Youe card is very Pretty too!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Elizabeth looks gorgeous and I love that dress especially the gorgeous straps on the back! How fun that you all live so close together that you can have some girly time when you need it. :)

    Love the softness of your card and that sweet green button.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous niece and gorgeous card LOL!Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete