Monday, April 30, 2012

Sherlock Holmes


Hi everyone...I'm back from a wonderful vacation to England to visit with my Nana, cousin Sandie and several aunts/uncles.  It was a fabulous time!  But boy oh boy did I miss Pat and the boys!  We're already back into the swing of normal life:  baseball, school and plays.  Ryan had his first role in a school play this weekend.  Once again, I am so impressed by him and his classmates.  Their confidence, hard work and skill is incredible.  The play was truly wonderful!  I thought you'd enjoy a few pictures of Doc Holiday who turned out to be the villain of the play.  Don't you just love all the costumes and the expressions of the kids?  We are very blessed to live in a community with dedicated teachers who put so much into teaching our children about acting and really teaching them positive life lessons about teamwork. It simply puts a big huge smile on my face!  Way to go Ryan!
 

And...I got busy in my craft room yesterday afternoon. I need thank you notes! I was inspired by the pink flowers in this week's CASE Study Challenge.  Clearly I simplified Laurie's gorgeous card that I loved.  I made an orange and pink version.  Hope you like them both and that your week gets off to a great start. I'll be back tomorrow with pictures from my trip.
 
 

18 comments:

  1. These cards are so beautiful Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such fun pics Lynn!

    BOTH of your cards are simply clean & crisp...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cards Lynn ~ a definite wow!!! Love the pictures of Ryan and his classmates in their production...our boys were always involved in their school productions, SO much fun...enjoy your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pictures of the play - looks like a great time! :)

    Love your sweet cards too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the photos Lynn ... The production looked like fun and what fantastic costumes and make-up too :0) so good to hear you enjoyed your trip.... You got out of the UK just before the rain poured down this weekend then...great timing :0)
    Sweet cards, love the delicate, CAS design :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Welcome back, Lynn! Can't wait to see pics of your trip!

    Your cards are CAS masterpieces! Mother's Day Bouquet has to be a new fave of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back home, safe and sound! Looking forward to seeing the photos of your trip! What a wonderful thing to come home to - Ryan in a fun play! The kids all look awesome! Love your beautiful cards too! Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be so PROUD of Ryan! WOW! LOVED seeing the pics! Welcome back! LOVE your Thank You cards! Those flowers are so FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh la la, I LOVE your cards! I am not a CAS girl myself but it is a style a do appreciate! SO simple yet elegant. Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study this week.

    Teneale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home Lynn! Ryan's play looks great. How fun.
    Your cards are just perfect. So classy and simple. I need to remember to make several quick cards like these sometime -- just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Lynn! And wow, what a fun play that looks like! I can just feel the proud parent in you by reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome back. the play looks fun and beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynn,
    Welcome back in 'blogland'! Nice to hear that you have had such a good time in England. Are you English?
    The pictures and story about your son warms my hart. Thank you for sharing all these nice things about your family life!

    Your cards are truely beautiful. I love the CAS style!
    Is it a coincidence? I pinned Laurie's card yesterday (-:

    Have a wonderful day!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome Back!! Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for Ryan!
    So glad you're back home and crafting. :) I especially love the soft orange version of your card and the one rounded corner. Darling! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fabulous pics! Ryan looks at ease treading the boards in character!
    Well I can definitely tell that you're back in the USA...you took the sun with ya! It's soggy, soggy here with flood warning so I think you left just in time ;D
    What a beautiful couple of cards!!! I adore that simple layout with the gorgeous, soft, subtle stamping!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE Study too!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. okay, I totally missed this yesterday somehow! LOVE the CAS card that you could do in so many yummy colours! Your smiles say it all...the play and its star were a HIT! Those costumes were amazing!! Wish I was there in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. so glad you had a great trip and your boy looks dashing! ha, great play.

    love your case! pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete